#1 Genesis

Genesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 12:12 AM

Star Trek: Serenity
By Genesis

During the end of 2374, Starfleet had almost run out of options. It was to either surrender to the Dominion, or build more ships than they could afford. They decided to stand and fight. They built more heavy battlecruisers at McKinley and Antares than the original recommended output per year. They had lost two ships built there, but two years ago, the U.S.S. Serenity and the U.S.S. Serenity-A.
The Federation was at its knees before the U.S.S. Serenity-B project was approved. This new type of Galaxy class technology defined that year's meaning of "Heavy Battlecruiser." It was outfitted with several type XXIII phasers, 24 pulse turrets; 12 per Saucer and Stardrive, 450 photon torpedoes, and 300 quantum torpedoes. It fought in 12 major engagements, all of them a success.
During the final engagement of the Dominion War, something went wrong in engineering. During a fierce firefight, an EPS conduit explosion took the shields offline, leaving the Serenity-B wide open to attack. The Dominion soon realized that one of the ships was vulnerable. 67 out of 78 Jem'Hedar ships concentrated fire on the Serenity. All of the 392 repulsar beams, 158 stray photon torpedoes, 231 breen torpedoes, and 493 stray phaser blasts struck the engineering section.
"Get everyone to the saucer section and prepare for separation!" Those were the final words of the captain before the destruction of his ship. The saucer section managed to separate in time, with all hands aboard, but it was in vain. Hull integrity in the saucer was at the minimum. The shockwave from the warp core breach ruptured the hull where the fusion reactor was, and tore the component apart, causing a meltdown. The Serenity-B was soon destroyed 3 minutes after.
And that, good people, is the story of the Serenity legacy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, all in all, how was it?
ALL BEWARE THE WRATH OF ME, THE BLUE FUZZY THING!!!

#2 Fred

Fred

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 January 2005 - 08:27 PM

Short and sweet :P

#3 Scooter

Scooter

The Canon Man

• UberGames Admin
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 12:36 AM

Bah. The actual USS Serenity was never destroyed. Everyone lost interest during the 12th mission, and then we lost most of it during a forum crash and Dobber didn't have a recent backup that was valid.

#4 Genesis

Genesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 01:48 AM

I'm getting a bad review. :P

#5 James Young

James Young

Bug Hunter

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 06:28 AM

You're not getting a bad Review, Scooter doesn't like anything unless it's 100% canon lol.

The fact you sat down and wrote it is what matters, keep it up :P
Posted Image

#6 Scooter

Scooter

The Canon Man

• UberGames Admin
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 08:47 PM

Canon has nothing to do with it; this is the realm of fan-fiction.

I was just expressing my disgruntlement with the usage of Virtual Game ships outside the Virtual Game, whether by Virtual Game members or not, rather than coming up with a name that is original.

As for your story, it was very creative and well thought out, but somewhat unrealistic that every shot would hit the stardrive section and not a single one missed, especially since you explicitly stated that many of them were stray shots. You also destroyed the ship, which is rather sadistic. This is only constructive criticism, and is in no way intended to deter you from future attempts at literature.

#7 RJay45

RJay45

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Admin
  • 329 posts

Posted 01 February 2005 - 10:38 PM

Originally posted by Genesis@Jan 31 2005, 12:12 AM
The shockwave from the warp core breach ruptured the hull where the fusion reactor was, and tore the component apart, causing a meltdown. The Serenity-B was soon destroyed 3 minutes after.
And that, good people, is the story of the Serenity legacy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, all in all, how was it?

Quoted post

Hmm...... Fusion reactors don't melt down, thats imposible fusion will only shut down becuase of the energy required to keep the reaction going hence why its safe. Fission reactors such as the one at chenoble melt down and blow up etc :P

-J
Jason

#8 Genesis

Genesis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 February 2005 - 04:19 PM

Hey, nuclear meltdowns aren't exactly meltdowns either. Besides, I'm in no mood, I sprained my ankle yesterday...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users