Sneak preview map re-vamp.

• You cannot reply to this topic

3 replies to this topic

#1 Martin Thompson

Martin Thompson

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:00 AM

I already have a topic of this on TLO (over here: http://www.last-outp...g53437.html#new), but seeing as I'd like to get some input from everyone I also post it here. This topic will also serve as a bit of a blog for me, obligating me to keep working on the map and keep you guys up to date.

I'm currently working on revamping an existing map (not going to tell you which one just yet because I want it to be a suprise). I'll post some screenshots and would like to get your feedback on the mapping style and texturing/lighting. Especially on that last part as I'm not that great at photoshopping and making awesome textures (like Griffin XD). I'll keep you guys updated on the status of the map in this post and will post screenshots below.

Status of the map:

Deck 1: Bridge deck.

• Nothing changed yet

Deck 2: Utility deck (TP etc.)

• Layout changed and new corridoors added. Not yet "air-tight".

Deck 3: Crew deck.

• Made existing junior and senior quarters airtight. Layout 50% done
  • AMade new hallways, airtight. Layout 80% done.

Deck 4: Science deck.

• Nothing changed yet

Deck 5: Second utility deck (brig etc.)

• Nothing changed yet

Deck 6: Engineering deck.

• Nothing changed yet

I might swap out decks 3 and 4 since the crew deck is getting quite large and i want it to fit the contours of the ship.

#2 Martin Thompson

Martin Thompson

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:06 AM

Hallway near the hull on the crew deck:

shot0001_zps11a8d127.jpg

#3 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

Drop the carpet ;) otherwise this looks nice

#4 Martin Thompson

Martin Thompson

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:38 PM

I'm actually keeping a blog with progress now. You can read it here: http://withmartin.net/wordpress/ (saves me having to post stuff on 3 different sites).

I actually like the carpet myself, so I think I'm keeping it XD Telex over at TLO had the same comment. Its really much more high-res ingame since its quite a high-res texture and it really does look like a propper carpet. (Its actually a slightly edited picture of a real carpet, so, it doesn't get any more carpet®y then this :P ).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users