3 replies to this topic

#1 seemax1991

seemax1991

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 03:25 AM

Hello,

I've played this mod 5 years ago quite a lot. Missing them old times.

So I found this forum which looks quite official to me and I stoped by to get rid of some questions:

- Is this mod still supported or did the developement stop due to various reasons like lag of developers and and too old game which it is based on?

- Is there any plan to have a roleplaygame-x mod for whatever game running by ubergames?

- Sadly I can not finde any place where I can load this mod from, is there any official site where one is able to do so?

seemax

#2 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

Hello,

sorry for the delay in approving your post and welcome back.

This is indeed the official Ubergames site and forum.

We are still supporting and developing the mod but progress is slow these days.

There are no plans for a standalone RPG-X as there are already some standalone versions out there maintained by other RPG-X communities like the RPG-X Complete Edtion.

You can find the download on our page or for example download RPGXCE (which not only conatains the mod but also all files needed to run it and is legally approved/allowed by all copyright holders).

#3 seemax1991

seemax1991

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:49 PM

Wow now that is extremly helpful! Thanks a lot.

Now there is another question. I tried to get this running for like 1 1/2 weeks now.

Is there anywhere a Guide and a Server File/Directory?

I want to run a server from my second computer and provide that to my friends so we can bunch up together a cold evenings with some beer n food and start play a little bit RP.

I searched in google but none of that really helped me a lot.

Plus I am not very into how RPG-X and the basegame elite force works, but I so much want to have a server to play again.

#4 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

Well setting up a server is not that complicated. Well it can be but a simple setup is easy to do.

You'll need the following things for a server:

• The dedicated server binary (for RPG-X 2.0 and 2.1 this is build into the engine, newer versions of RPG-X always come with the binary for it (e.g. rpgxEFded.x86.exe for windows)
  • You need the same files for the server as you have for the client.

Basic settings you need to have are the following:

• dedicated 1 or 2 depending whether you want a LAN or internet server
  • always have sv_pure set to 0
  • you can add a password to the server by starting it with the command line parameter: +set g_needpass 1 and setting the cvar password to your desired password
  • there is a whiole set of RPG-X related cvars all starting with rpg_ which you can use to further configure RPG-X, just enter rpg_ in the servers or games console and press the tabulator key and should list them all

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users