No replies to this topic

#1 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 26 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

G'day everyone!

I've done a smidge of maintenance on the website to fix a few outlying issues it was having. :)

1. A database migration that our hosting service, Ennoverse, performed this week accidentally converted the character encoding used in the UberGames CMS, causing a bunch of pages to stop working. After doing a batch convert back to UTF-8, I think I've got it working again. (Though if you do happen to see any funky characters, please let me know. :))
  2. At some point this year, Twitter deprecated the previous API the Twitter widget at the bottom was using. After a bit of playing with an OAuth-supported version of the same library, I've brought the widget back up. It will now post the latest tweet from either the official UberGames account, or any tweet with '@ubergames' or '#ubergames' in it. :)
  3. After the forums started to get bombarded with spam bots, I upgraded the forum software, and implemented a custom question in the account sign-up form to make sure it would stop. So far so good. :)

As always, if you see anything borked, or anything that could use improvement, let me know. :)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users