• You cannot reply to this topic

10 replies to this topic

#1 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

After some time we present the 2nd Beta of RPG-X 2.3!

This version consists mostly of bugfixes (for instance no more crashes on client disconnects) and some critical improvements that from now on allow native linux binaries to be run 'stabily'. There are no new features in this release (i was hoping to, but target sequence just gave me too much trouble). Also, you will note that linux 32 only consists of the server dedi binary. This is due to an issue with the renderer we were unable to resolve so far. The linux 64 binaries run smoothly, so hopefully no more wineing is needed

NEW: There is now a UI Hotfix available that removes some unintended mods from admin UI. It iscludes a standart version as well as an enhanced version that scans for music in subfolders. choose whichever you like.

no full recompile required for UI change only.

As usual please post any bugs here or on our Bugtracker at http://bugs.hennecke-online.net/

I'd like to recognise Darth Petersen from RPO, his help was instrumental in tracing down some critical bugs.

Downloads:

Win 32: http://www.mediafire...eta_2_win32.zip

Linux32: http://www.mediafire...a_2_linux32.zip

Linux64: http://www.mediafire...a_2_linux64.zip

UI Hotfix: http://www.mediafire...q/UI_Hotfix.zip

Compile-Version on GitHub: https://github.com/U...ag/v2.3-BETA-2H

#2 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:56 AM

Thank you for getting the new server binaries out, Harry. I'm looking forward to stress testing the stability.

EDIT: Not looking good. The 64-bit binaries still aren't working on EscapedTurkey's CentOS. I'm going to give it a few more tries, just in case. Seeing as this is one of the few server providers left for RPG-X and at least two major groups rent servers from them, I'd classify this as a priority issue. Apparently, it stems from using a version of GLIB that CentOS and Debian don't support. I've forwarded the source code to EscapedTurkey, and they may compile their own release.

Posted Image

#3 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

Just give the EscapedTurkey support the link to our release on GitHub and they can compile the binaries themself. This way they will perfectly match their CentOS system.
The preferred way should always be to use self compiled binaries for users of unix like systems.

#4 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:21 PM

Updated linux32 zip as it lacked the shared libraries

"sorry for that"

#5 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

I can't help but notice that, since 2.3, RPG-X ERROR: NO MESSAGES TO DISPLAY keeps popping up. Is there a way to make it display a null character or something so that I don't keep seeing that? I have rpg_timedMessage " " in my server configuration, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

EDIT: Nevermind, setting rpg_timedMessageTime to "0" prevents it from happening.

I'm going to try coordinating a stress test with The Last Outpost and assess the stability of 2.3 with high server traffic.

Posted Image

#6 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:00 AM

There'll be a Hotfix later today for the UI module. I somehow missed to remove some mods to the way Admin UI works (was sure I'd remove them...)

Hotfix up in first post

#7 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:29 AM

The Last Outpost and I ran some stability tests on 2.3 beta 2 today with ten players. Overall, you guys have done an excellent job with crash fixes and improving map compatibility, but there are issues that need to be addressed in the next revision. It looks like 2.2 beta 8.4.4 is going to remain the standard until some of these are fixed.

The LUA scripts for the single-player maps included with 2.3 cause crashes on maps DN3 through DN8.

The game produces a "Signal 11" error. I suppose this can be fixed by downloading the scripts available on EFFiles, but I think Harry would appreciate being notified of any problems just in case these were more advanced. Every other script he's created is working flawlessly.

Streamlining shader remapping may have had some unintended consequences.

Quickly changing the alert statuses on a dedicated server running RPG_Voy4 will cause everyone to disconnect and may crash the server. If this feature can't be improved any further, then I think SciSeven and Jordan should look into a more traditional method of changing alerts for Voyager's next release.

A dedicated server running Station_Iowa will drop players with no definite cause or warning.

It happened to me two times when I transported to Ops on top of the center table, but some other people did it as well and didn't have an issue.

Running the self-destruct countdown to zero on Station_Iowa will cause a server client crash.

I'll try and get some console logs for this and the previous issues as soon as I can.

Breakable entity repair points have moved due to an unknown change and are extremely difficult or impossible to find.

Someone told me that breaking an object spawns a temporary entity in the engine instead of the map itself? I suppose that explains why some entity numbers have changed. Regardless, something changed between 2.2 beta 8.4.4 and both iterations of 2.3 that has made them shift in position and made the entire system counter-intuitive and frustratingly difficult to use. It's possible this may have to be fixed on the map developer's end, but it seems like a problem with rpgxEF itself since it didn't appear until the release of 2.3.

Posted Image

#8 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

Thanks for testing and reporting this issues. We will look into them. Any console logs you have might be helpful what we can get out of them is limited though (We have been working on a new logging system that will make logs much more usefull for us but it wasn't ready for this release).

Edit:

Oh lol I was wondering which post it'll be but it seems as I just made my 1000th post on the Ubergames forums. Yeah!

#9 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

Congrats

Yeah, DN-Maps are still quite shaky, I've had to improvise a lot on them. If you can tell me precidely what action you guys triggered I might be able to trace it down in the script (fortunately they're quite traceable)

Shader Remapping is something I'm getting a lot of feedback from my group as well. Seems to be a communications issue (DDOSish) I'm already tryint to find all the parts in gamecode and trace them.

I was able to reproduce the self destruct bug on Station Iowa. The server log is... fastcinating: http://www.mediafire...elfdestruct.log

as far as the player dropping goes that requires some personell ;)

That Breakable thing seems to be related to the mods we made to allow for Refittability of Breakables. I'm going to take a look at it in a few minutes, see if we missed something.

Thank you guys for testing. If you find anything else make sure to let us know. Also If you guys try to reproduce some of these give mne a heads up as I'd like to be around.

#10 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

Just loading DN3, DN4, DN5, DN6, DN7, and DN8 will cause a server client crash with "Signal 11." There's a couple of 2.3 beta 2-specific issues that I forgot to mention:

/stopMusic admin command no longer affects all clients on a server, only the local client.

We noticed that music would continue playing even after admins issued this command.

/reloadtorpedos command was broken between 2.3 beta 1 and 2.3 beta 2.

Pretty self-explanatory. It worked in beta 1, now it doesn't work in beta 2.

Posted Image

#11 DKor

DKor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

I think this version worked better than the last even if it still has a few bugs :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users