3 replies to this topic

#1 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:33 PM

Hi there,

over the last few months I have gathered some feedback on the integrated ship systems (target_shiphealth and associated commands) and there are some issues.

For instance I've heared that some don't like the way repairs are done. They want to be able to determine precisely the amount of points reinvestet via a command. Now I intentionally did not do this for one it would make for some very tricky coding to correctly apply (not impossible but I'd have to rewrite most of the entity). Also I always wanted the entity to have a shade of realism to it and i feel that giving someone this kind of control is not doing this right.

While I am not completly rejecting the idea of manual healing I have 2 ideas that kind of go a middle way:

1. add a cvar on the server side that either multiplies or overwrites the repair rate for shields and hull respectively (easy to do)
  2. add a crew management system where you could set the amount of medics, scientists, engineers and tactical and based on that have a crew recover rate based on medics and scientists and a ship repair rate based on engineers and tactical. it would of course tie in with shiphealth and every time there is damage a number of crewmembers get incapacitated and - if there is not enough personal to treat them all some of them might be in need of a torpedo hull.

Also I've had complaints about being unable to remotely restart systems like warp cores, that have been turned off by this command. for this I have a new command "/rc" planned that allows an admin to remotely toggle functionalities on such systems. It will require target shiphealth.

I've also heared requests for being able to restart the entity without having to restart the map. It's easily done, a few lines of code, and I can see that with the math conducted within this entity sometimes going unexpected ways this is something i want to allow you. I just hope you won't use it to cheat deserved death ;)

that is all the Ideas I have on future Integrated Ship System development. and feedback or additional ideas are very welcome

#2 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

Would it be possible to re-work the repair entity to let the tricorder pinpoint where the repair point is? Whatever changed between 2.2-8.4.4 and 2.3-1 caused RPG_Voy4's antimatter tank repair point to move from the left tank, which made it a lot harder to track down. I managed to hit it once here on the underside of this panel, but I haven't been able to reproduce it consistently.

q28h.jpg

Posted Image

#3 Richard Evans

Richard Evans

{S31} Admirals' Team

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 09:48 AM

I like the idea of a crew management system :)

follow.png

Richard Evans

Risa - The Star Trek Social Media Website

http://goo.gl/gJsMU9

#4 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

breakables are not part of this system so this is the wrong place to talk about. Gsio already mentioned that he'll take another look at it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users