• You cannot reply to this topic

31 replies to this topic

#21 Richard Evans

Richard Evans

{S31} Admirals' Team

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:28 PM

The screenshots looks awesome! and I agree with the other suggestions.

follow.png

Richard Evans

Risa - The Star Trek Social Media Website

http://goo.gl/gJsMU9

#22 Chris Parker

Chris Parker

Advanced Member

• RPG-X Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

thanks.

yes there will be additional consoles on upper and lower deck, maybe i will add an shuttle who simulates starting/landing but im not sure.

The hullbreach scenario for each deck is an excellent suggestion, if we don't hit the entity limits i will add those on each deck.

#23 Richard Evans

Richard Evans

{S31} Admirals' Team

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:08 PM

This sounds fantastic! :) I cannot wait to see live demos of this awesome map! :D

follow.png

Richard Evans

#24 Martin Thompson

Martin Thompson

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:11 PM

Can't wait for this! Nice to see this is still being worked on. Station Iowa is one of my Favourite RPG-X EF maps!

#25 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Is engineering going to retain its original design, or will it be receiving some touch-ups as well?

Posted Image

#26 Chris Parker

Chris Parker

Advanced Member

• RPG-X Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

the main design of engineering will not change. some fittings here and there for more detail but no major changes.

#27 Richard Evans

Richard Evans

{S31} Admirals' Team

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

Do we have an update when the map might be released at all?

follow.png

Richard Evans

#28 Martin Thompson

Martin Thompson

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:37 PM

the main design of engineering will not change. some fittings here and there for more detail but no major changes.

Thats good to hear.

I'm currently using Iowa for the new Genesis Station SRP over at TLO. We're intensively using engineering as a 'lab' where a device has been build which forms the core of the SRP's main plot. I'm looking forward for the update on this map to use in the SRP!

#29 Chris Parker

Chris Parker

Advanced Member

• RPG-X Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

yes of course, but currently its hard to give some release times. at the moment i can only say: it's done when it's done ;)

by the way, here is an antoher picture for you all, this panel will be used in turbolift.

lift_panel_lcars.jpg

#30 Martin Thompson

Martin Thompson

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:23 AM

Hey Chris,

I have to note this here since you are working on it. I've been using the original Iowa release for a few weeks for the Genesis Station SRP over at TLO now, and I must say that I think the map is causing some strange issues.

I've not totally figured out whats the cause, but after a while, (like 20 minutes) on the map, some people start lagging and pinging tremendously, including myself. No other map on the TLO servers have this problem, and it is very annoying, up to the point we need to pick a different map since the SRP can't continue with half of the people pinging out.

Is this a known issue? Will it be fixed in the new version? I wish I had some more information to give you but unfortunately this is all I have. I'ts been happening structurally on Iowa an not on other maps during other (S)RP's which is what leads me to believe the map is the cause somehow...

#31 Chris Parker

Chris Parker

Advanced Member

• RPG-X Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:43 PM

Hey Martin,

i've never heared about that issue before and we had never an issue like that.

Comes the issue at an specific location or what are you doing when the lag beginn?

#32 Martin Thompson

Martin Thompson

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:50 PM

Hey agian, sorry i wasnt actively monitoring this.

Anyways, we came across the issue after 30-40 minutes of play with around 5-8 people. Our server doesnt seem to have the issue on any other map. No specific things have been done  when it appears, it seems kinda random. It might just be a bad combo of map + server somehow.

Anyways, how is the progress on the new map going?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users