4 replies to this topic

#1 Klaw

Klaw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

Hey everyone

I have, what may be a stupid question that's been covered before.... but, I haven't been able to find anything on the subject for some time.

I'm currently working on a couple different projects, including some re-works of old projects. And I'm trying to fix a little problem that's plagued me ever since I started mapping.

For some odd reason, all of my doors are rediculously over sensitive! I could be - half way across a room, and still manage to trigger the door!

In my last little project, I managed to compensate for that by making a trigger_multiple around the perimeter of the doorway - so you have to more or less be right up on it to trigger - But this has taken up a good number of my brush entities! So I'm wandering - is there something I'm missing when placing the doors that can help determine a better method of sensitivity without maxing out my brush entities?

Thanks folks :)

#2 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

Have you used teh trekdoor and corridor spawnflags?

#3 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

Here are the details:

-----SPAWNFLAGS-----
1: START_OPEN : the door to moves to its destination when spawned, and operate in reverse. It is used to temporarily or permanently close off an area when triggered (not useful for touch or takedamage doors).
2: X : Unknown, do not use.
4: CRUSHER : door will be stuck on it's open position
8: TREK_DOOR : if set this door will have a reduced auto trigger volume
16: FACE : if set, this door requires you to be facing it before the trigger will fire
32: OVERRIDE : if set, targetted doors won't wait until they're clear before closing
64: LOCKED : if set, door is locked at spawn
128: ADMIN_ONLY : if set, door only opens for admins
256: CORRIDOR : if set, door will have en even more reduced auto trigger volume

TREK_DOOR will be the bounds of the door plus 48 units on the thinest axis in both directions.

CORRIDOR will be the bounds of the door plus 12 units on the thinest axis in both directions.

No spawnfalgs will be the bounds of the door plus 100 units on the thinest axis in both directions.

#4 Klaw

Klaw

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:33 AM

I played with it, and all I can say is simply......

Thank you - I wasn't aware of the Corridor spawnflag! I tested it out, and it works beautifully!

I appreciate it, Gents (Expect another question coming at you soon :P)

#5 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

Your welcome. This was added a long time ago because of mappers requesting it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users