5th Generation iPod touch Vector Template

1 reply to this topic

#1 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

This is a little thing I did as a bit of a diversion from a day of solid coding. XD

When it comes to iOS device templates (For making promo shots of your apps), Apple only ever supply the black version of their devices. And not only that, they're usually in a raster format, and at a resolution of < native Retina sizes. So as a result of that, I usually make all of my promo shots using third party templates, which are more often than not, completely vector, so they can be resized to any size you want.

In any case, after searching high and low, I noticed a rather sad thing: No one's made a third party template of the latest iPod touch. :(

Although the black version looks pretty darn close to the iPhone 5, the white version comes in a rainbow of different colours, which could be used to make any app promos look a lot more colourful.

So over the weekend, I tried taking the raster template Apple provided, and painting a completely vector-based version over the top of it. After that, I then tried converting it over to the white colour scheme.

Attached is what I ended up with. Those two designs were made entirely in Photoshop using vector shapes and layer styles (basically, shadows and gradients everywhere. XD)

At some point soon, I'll upload them to UberGames Files if anyone else wants to use them. In the meantime, I'm giving the white one a testrun on iComics.co. XD

-TiM

Attached Thumbnails

• iPod_touch_5th_Gen_Vertical.jpg

#2 Richard Evans

Richard Evans

{S31} Admirals' Team

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Looks awesome well done! :D

follow.png

Richard Evans