Welcome to the Cosmos

2 replies to this topic

#1 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 01:03 PM

Well, I guess I've pretty much dropped off the radar lately... sorry about that. :D

In any case, hopefully once you see what I'm working on hopefully you'll understand. :P

A few years back, I met up with a fellow Australian and offered to do some Flash work for the site of his Star Wars fan film.
Late last year, he got the green light to go ahead and create a small set of online webisodes and he asked me if I could help out with the CG animation.

In any case, Welcome to the Cosmos will be an Australian based comedy/scifi about 4 normal humans who get whisked away on an intergalactic adventure.

There's a pretty impressive set of guys who have contributed to the CG including Fabio Passaro and Alain Rivard (Both have worked on BSG!!), John Einselen (Of who has worked in motion graphics for about 10 years)... and then me... :P

I'm going to be handling the animation and rendering of several shots and I've also done a little bit of modeling and character rigging. I've already started work on one shot:

http://www.epiclensf...est_shopped.jpg

I'm really nervous about this, given the level of talent already present and I'm going to do my best to help out as well as learn as much as I can in the process...
it's a really cool project, however it's without a doubt going to suck me dry of every spare moment I have for a few weeks hehe.

Ah well, let's see how this turns out.

#2 Dom

Dom

I touch everything

• UberGames Admin
  • 921 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 02:45 PM

That looks sweet tim. Good luck and keep us updated.

#3 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:58 PM

Hehe thanks Dom.

Hopefully it'll look great in the end. :P

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users