• You cannot reply to this topic

5 replies to this topic

#1 Treyvan

Treyvan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

I haven't ever really been an 'active' member but this community is something I've kept tabs on over the years.  I can remember back before RPGX and just general RP on the old USS Serenity map.

Ah the good ole days.

Anyway,  I've never really mapped before, and definately never released anything before but I found myself back on the Serenity and thought, "I loved TNG, I grew up on it. This can be upgraded. Maybe."

So a few months back I started fiddling around with radiant because I'd really like to see some more maps with the features that RPGX is all about. Hell maybe as time goes on I'll get better at this but for now I'm going to share just a couple of bits and just see what people are thinking.

Attached File  shot9.jpg   58.99KB   47 downloadsAttached File  shot10.jpg   57.1KB   46 downloads

It's not perfect and I'll probably tear it apart and redo it a few more times (yeah its a bit dark lol) but I guess it's a start.

One thing I've discovered rounded corridors can be a pain in the rear.

#2 Richard Evans

Richard Evans

{S31} Admirals' Team

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:42 PM

This looks great! :D well done! :D

follow.png

Richard Evans

Risa - The Star Trek Social Media Website

http://goo.gl/gJsMU9

#3 Captain Janeway

Captain Janeway

Captain, USS Voyager

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:04 PM

This is looking very promising, curved corridors are indeed the bane of any EF mapper! Sure you'll get stuck in and sort it out though!

Posted Image
"There's Coffee in that Nebula!" Captain Kathryn Janeway
"Captain's Perogative is just a fancy term for excuses, Captain's aren't always right!" Callum

#4 Treyvan

Treyvan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:22 AM

This is a very rough still in progress bridge. Alot of detail work still to be done. I've decided to do it in the Generations style, and it won't be exactly to scale, but I basically restarted 4 times before I got a shape I could work with.

So I figured what the hell just go with it.

Also these aren't the final textures lol. Just place holders to be able to draft with.

Attached File  b1,jpg.jpg   75.84KB   42 downloads Attached File  b2.jpg   74.51KB   43 downloads

#5 Richard Evans

Richard Evans

{S31} Admirals' Team

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Wow! Looks greats! :)

follow.png

Richard Evans

Risa - The Star Trek Social Media Website

http://goo.gl/gJsMU9

#6 Jason Archer