RPG-X Version 2.3 Beta 1 out now

• You cannot reply to this topic

58 replies to this topic

#41 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:27 PM

Latest version of Voyager, I think Odyssey mentioned it in another thread as well, the consoles at the back of the bridge, we were literally spending minutes with the hyperspanners, and they weren't fixing at all. The conduits in engineering did get repaired, but only after a very long wait, and neither of us could reproduce the repair either.

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

#42 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:38 PM

Just tried that again and I could easily repair them. I did notice however that it can depend on the stance. If you play around a little with your position you should get it done.

#43 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

I'll keep trying in that case, but there is definitely a noticeable difference between how it was, and is now, is it possible some part of it was changed and could be changed back maybe?

Brex.png

#44 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

I changed the way they work to cut down entity usage by 50%. The new way it is implemented is not yet fine tuned. During testing it turned out that there are still some problems when you are very close to the breakable. So keeping a bit more distance should help.

#45 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

Got it boss :)

Brex.png

#46 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

I've had the same issue as Brex on RPG_Voy4. Thanks for the tip about keeping your distance. I'll see if that helps. Perhaps in a future version, you can program a CVAR that allows you to modify the repair rate of hyperspanners?

Posted Image

#47 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:29 PM

I have received word that Apprentice is having trouble getting his maps functioning correctly in this version of RPG-X. Please do not fix this.

Thanks.

[ Hey, Apprentice! Glad you noticed. Thanks for keeping an eye on me. <3 ]

#48 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:46 PM

I have received word that Apprentice is having trouble getting his maps functioning correctly in this version of RPG-X. Please do not fix this.

Thanks.

( too cheeky? )

I would not be opposed to this.

Brex.png

#49 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:57 PM

Hey, GSIO, EscapedTurkey says that the latest build of rpgxEF included with RPG-X 2.3 beta 1 was compiled with a newer version of GLIB than their servers support. Could you maybe get in touch with them about swapping the source files so they can try compiling it on their end?

Posted Image

#50 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

By the way, did the issues with transport between servers ever get fixed? I seem to remember it being disabled for a reason, but I'm not sure what.

Brex.png

#51 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

Last time I tried it there weren't any issues with it. That a while back now though.

#52 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

Does that mean cross-server transports enabled in 2.3.1?

Posted Image

#53 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:25 AM

Depends on server configuration. It is not disabled on the game code side.

#54 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

Is there a guide on how to set it up? I'd love to be able to do this between the two servers I'm renting. On a related note, is there any ETA on an updated revision of 2.3 beta 1 that works on Linux dedicated servers?

Posted Image

#55 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:44 AM

How long would a recompile normally take, GSI? If it's going to be more than a week or so, we could probably restore the server back to 8.2.4.whatever it was >_> so we can still use it for the time being.

Brex.png

#56 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:59 PM

We're working on putting something together but it make take some time, so I suggest you do that in the meanwhile.

#57 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:10 AM

Alright, I've rolled back my other server to 2.2-844. Thanks for the heads up! I can't wait to get 2.3 up and running. It's a really fantastic update.

Posted Image

#58 The Tenth Doctor

The Tenth Doctor

Admiral of the Fleet

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

Well Apprentices' maps have still been working for me and my copies won't be going anywhere. At all. Ever.

;)

Luke Sutton, AKA 'The Doctor'

Media critic, writer, filmmaker, gamer, Trekker, and Time Lord. Site manager (still!) of Elite Force Files.com & creator of fan-film series Star Trek: UnitySatire is to me what winning elections isn't to Gordon Brown.

For links and info on my projects & investigations, view my blog:

http://lukesutton.blogspot.com/

Personal opinions are not endorsed by Filefront, Gateway Productions or Unity Starbase.

#59 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:28 AM

It looks like something with 2.3 broke compatibility with all of the recording software I have. Dxtory and Open Broadcaster Software both crash the game when I try to record or stream gameplay. It's really unfortunate, too, because the new renderer actually gives me better performance.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users