• You cannot reply to this topic

58 replies to this topic

#21 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

Can you please run windows update and look for any optional updates that are related to runtime libraries.

Would you please make sure to delete ALL your hmconfigs so we can be sure they are not corrupted (which was not too oncommon with prior rpgxef-versions)

could you please try to get your hans onto a clean vanilla install of EF (not trough RPGXCE)

#22 Treyvan

Treyvan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

Very nice. Do you guys have a bug tracker setup for this yet?  I've found a couple of things thus far I'd like to check into.

#23 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

there is at http://bugs.hennecke-online.net/

#24 Treyvan

Treyvan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:27 AM

Is public login locked out? I registered the other day and wouldn't let me login. I'd love to be able to help out with this beta test, (esp since I use the linux dedicated server).

Either way I'm going to clean up my install of RPGX EF tonight when I get off work just to see if the glitches I'm seeing is my fault.

#25 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:19 AM

Yes, public login is locked out right now because of problems with spambots and the fact flyspray has no countermeasures against them.

I adjusted the groups of your account so you should be able to login now.

#26 Treyvan

Treyvan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:19 AM

Thanks it works.  I've been following and using (off and on) the RPGX mod since it released oh so many years ago.  I hope i'm able to provide whatever to help out.  I'm actually glad that dev on this kept going this long.  Star Trek games just never evolved to what was done here, and really to be honest this is really the only way one can play a part themselves visually in the trek universe, (role play wise with other people STO is well.... :P

Some of us like realism with our Trek and this is a good way to fulfill it.

#27 Richard Evans

Richard Evans

{S31} Admirals' Team

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 08:06 PM

RPG-X is the only mod that lets you create the ultimate Star Trek based Role play, and this update has brought us 1 step closer

follow.png

Richard Evans

Risa - The Star Trek Social Media Website

http://goo.gl/gJsMU9

#28 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:31 PM

I've uninstalled all of my Visual C++ Redistributable Libraries, re-downloaded and re-installed the 2010 release, then installed Star Trek: Voyager Elite Force and its expansion off the disks I had laying around. I upgraded that to rpgxEF 2.2 beta 8.4.4, upgraded that to 2.3 beta 1, and attempted to run RPG_Voy4. I still crash with a C++ runtime error on LUA initialization even with as much as 1.5 GB of RAM allocated to the application. I am now wholly convinced that there's a code problem with the way LUA is implemented. All versions prior to 2.2 beta 8.4.6 run without problems.

Intel Core i3-2100k @ 3.0 GHz

Corsair 4 GB DDR3 (1 stick)

Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 5850 1 GB

The executable is renamed to WolfSP.exe and the legacy OpenGL drivers are enabled.

Posted Image

#29 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:21 PM

Except it works fine for other people heh. It must be something with your computer somewhere.

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

#30 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 01:24 PM

Brex is right on this one. If the error can't be duplicated on other mashines then it can't be code - that's pure indiscussable logic. Have you tried it on another one yourself?

#31 Jeroen

Jeroen

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

From the code:

"Usage: shipdamage damage [target] where damage is the total amount dealt and target is the target_shiphealth to recieve it. It is case-dependent and required on maps with 2 or more of such (like rpg_runabout).\n"
"It will be rendered to shields and hull respectively by the entity. Must be positive. You can not heal with this command.\n"

Are there already maps who can use this? I've recently been drawn back into RPGing and installed the new beta.

Posted Image

#32 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

There were mappers planing to use it but I don't know if anything is out yet.

#33 SciSeven

SciSeven

• RPG-X Tester
  • 279 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

The newest version of RPG Voyager uses shipdamage and others:

"There will also be very new features available as soon as the new version of RPG-X2 is published (date: January 2013)."

http://www.stphoenix...ntry&entryID=27

sig_lillyryan1.jpg

#34 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

Are there any specific C++ runtime libraries that are required for Lua to run? I've swapped my motherboard and processor, reinstalled Windows, and still crash on Lua initialization. I have all of the 2008 revisions, 2005, 2010, and 2012.

Posted Image

#35 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

We're not using Microsoft Visual C/C++ so the answer is none.

If you get MSVC Runtime errors this indicates you are either not using the rpgxEF.x86.exe that is coming with 2.3 Beta 1 or you are using very old outdated versions of the RPG-X shared libraries somehow.

#36 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:57 PM

I'm using the .exe file that came with 2.3 beta 1. As for the libraries, that's certainly possible, but I don't see how that could have happened. Someone's given me their .dlls, so I'll see if it works.

EDIT: I replaced my libraries with .dll files from someone who had a working 2.3 beta 1. That solved the runtime errors, but introduced a slew of new problems, like the UI not working and maps either failing to load or having horrific glitches. I replaced the .exe with a fresh one from the archive, which fixed the engine problems, but now I have runtime crashes on Lua initialization again. The strangest thing is, it's utilizing the same libraries and .exe file in both instances. Replacing the libraries without replacing the .exe makes the engine go haywire. Replacing the .exe on top of the existing libraries causes the crash. I'm reinstalling RPG-X CE and I'm going to try doing this from scratch.

Posted Image

#37 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

Just remembered somthing you could try. Are you on a 64bit windows? If so using 32bit compability mode might help. For Windows 7 64bit this mode is listed as Windows 7, on Windows 8 64bit I guess it would be Windows 8.

#38 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

I started from scratch with a fresh install of RPG-XCE from Last Outpost, upgraded to 2.3 beta 1. Loaded up Voyager and Salem-A V2 without a runtime crash. Thanks for the help!

Posted Image

#39 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

I've noticed two bugs with this so far now I'm using it regularly, the first is that repairing entities with the hyper-spanner seems to either not work at all, or take an extremely long time. The other bug is with the "selfdestruct abort" command, which causes the entity to trigger anyway (bypassing the countdown) rather than removing it.

Although, I'm sure these are probably well known about now heh

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

#40 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:19 PM

The abort is already fixed. As far as repairables go it depends on how much health they have, they only respawn once they're filled up again, so it may not be a bug. can you give me an example map?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users