• You cannot reply to this topic

58 replies to this topic

#1 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

After about 20 Months of waiting there is finally a new version of RPG-X ready for you to get your hands on.

So we Proudly present RPG-X Version 2.3 Beta 1 with a lot of nice new features. These include but are not limited to a new system that manages the health of a ship, a new system that manages selfdestruct, safezones that can be used for the above systems and a way to relaod Torpedo-FX plus a ton of bug fixes and optimisations.

The new commands for the new systems are

• selfdestruct
  • shiphealth
  • shipdamage
  • zonelist
  • torpedolist
  • reloadtorpedos

There are also a few features in there that still need work so this is once again declared as a beta version which means use at own risk.

You are required to have RPG-X2 v 2.1 preinstalled. To install this version just download the version fitting your OS from the below list and unzip it in your games' root folder (which contains the baseEF and RPG-X2 folders). These Packs include the binaries for both the client (only works on windows) and dedicated servers and the shared libraries in the RPG-X2 folder. Included is also a new pak5_beta9_0.pk3 that has some new material for the game. The old pak5 will be overwritten by this and should be removed by you. Also Included is a pak6.pk3 with the lua Updates for the Single Player maps and a new definitions file for mappers.

All the licenses required are included as well of course.

Please note that the execuatbles / binaries have slightly different names so you need to rename your shortcut.

For those that have ATI Grapics Cards and relay on Legacy drivers rename your executable to WolfSP

You might have to newly set master3 by copying the following command to your client console: sv_master3 "efmaster.kickchat.com"

We hope you Enjoy this new version and see you on the Servers

The RPG-X Dev-Team

Windows 32: http://www.mediafire...cafn0d2x05vu7ab

Linux 32: http://www.mediafire...8heen51fq56ik4k

Linux 64: http://www.mediafire...xlp6298mu29jp0i

These links have also been added to the download database

#2 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

This looks great! I look forward to integrating this into RPGXCE. 

Posted Image

#3 SciSeven

SciSeven

• RPG-X Tester
  • 279 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:52 AM

I've updated our second server for the new version, but it won't appear in the player's list. 

There aren't any other server by now (clientside) and it seems that the server doesn't send a heartbeat -> connect via command works though.

Any ideas on this? Can anyone see a RPG-X 2.3 B1 Server in the list?

sig_lillyryan1.jpg

#4 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

I see one on sv_master 3 (efmaster.kickchat.com).

#5 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:33 AM

I do too, You might have to set it this way in the cleint console: sv_master3 "efmaster.kickchat.com"

#6 Richard Evans

Richard Evans

{S31} Admirals' Team

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 03:34 PM

Could we have a guide on how to use the new commands? Like examples of each command?

Thanks

follow.png

Richard Evans

Risa - The Star Trek Social Media Website

http://goo.gl/gJsMU9

#7 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:38 PM

I've upgraded from 2.2 beta 8.4.4, and this update has made RPG_Voy4 and USS_Salem_A_V2 unplayable for me. Attempting to load either map causes a runtime termination error crash. I've had a problem with the latter since the LUA update scripts were introduced in 8.4.6.

Posted Image

#8 Richard Evans

Richard Evans

{S31} Admirals' Team

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

Have you placed the files in the right folder?

Can you open up the console and find the error?

follow.png

Richard Evans

#9 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Yes, I installed everything in the correct folders. I'll see about finding a console error, but it crashes the client very quickly and doesn't give me the option to do a console dump.

EDIT: The client crashes immediately at the "awaiting connection" screen and I can't get a console dump. The LUA scripts are definitely the cause, though. All maps with LUA functions attached to them refuse to load and crash the client, but those that don't run fine. I'm rolling back to 2.2 beta 8.4.4.

Posted Image

#10 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

I was unable to reproduce this behaviour (testing with salem v2).

Try making a logfile instead:

• set logfile to 3 in cosole by typing: logfile 3

You can find the logfile at one of the following locations (assuming you use RPG-X2 as RPG-X mod dir):

• <EFDir>/RPG-X2/qconsole.log
  • %appdata%/RPGXEF/RPG-X2/qconsole.log

#11 Richard Evans

Richard Evans

{S31} Admirals' Team

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

This might be map specific, but how can you use the ship damage? what's the sequence of code to say make the shields at 10%?

follow.png

Richard Evans

#12 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

From the code:

"Usage: shipdamage damage [target] where damage is the total amount dealt and target is the target_shiphealth to recieve it. It is case-dependent and required on maps with 2 or more of such (like rpg_runabout).\n"
"It will be rendered to shields and hull respectively by the entity. Must be positive. You can not heal with this command.\n"

#13 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:27 PM

I was unable to reproduce this behaviour (testing with salem v2).

Try making a logfile instead:

• set logfile to 3 in cosole by typing: logfile 3
  •  

You can find the logfile at one of the following locations (assuming you use RPG-X2 as RPG-X mod dir):

• <EFDir>/RPG-X2/qconsole.log
  •  
  • %appdata%/RPGXEF/RPG-X2/qconsole.log
  •  

I did what you suggested, but the file isn't at either of those locations after the crash.

EDIT: But it is in AppData\Roaming\STVEF\RPG-X2. Here is a PasteBin of my console log from attempting to load Salem-A V2. The client crashes after trying to initialize LUA.

Posted Image

#14 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

• Please make sure you use the engine that was included in the release. It won't work with older rpgxEF versions (it should be version 1.0 in console) or vEF or ioEF or ioCow.
  • Also make sure the RPG-X version displayed in the main menu is "RPG-X 2.3 Beta 1" to ensure the correct version of RPG-X got loaded. If it is not ensure that your shortcut includes the following params: +set vm_ui 0 +set vm_cgame 0 +set vm_game 0
  • Make sure you removed any old versions of pak5.

If everything above is as described it should work. If it is still not working then it must be something you have installed I don't have. I'm using a fresh RPGXCE 1.2 install + Station Iowa + Salem v2 and all dependencies + RPG-X 2.3 Beta 1.

#15 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

• Please make sure you use the engine that was included in the release. It won't work with older rpgxEF versions (it should be version 1.0 in console) or vEF or ioEF or ioCow.

• Also make sure the RPG-X version displayed in the main menu is "RPG-X 2.3 Beta 1" to ensure the correct version of RPG-X got loaded. If it is not ensure that your shortcut includes the following params: +set vm_ui 0 +set vm_cgame 0 +set vm_game 0

• Make sure you removed any old versions of pak5.

If everything above is as described it should work. If it is still not working then it must be something you have installed I don't have. I'm using a fresh RPGXCE 1.2 install + Station Iowa + Salem v2 and all dependencies + RPG-X 2.3 Beta 1.

I am using the included engine, the menu says 2.3 beta 1, and I deleted pak5_beta8_4_x.pk3. I'll start pruning my BaseEF folder and see what could be causing it.

EDIT: Started with a fresh install in the following order: RPG-XCE 1.2 > Upgrade to rpgxEF engine with 2.3 beta 1 > Place RPG_Voy4, and USS_Salem_A_V2 (with dependencies) in BaseEF. Still crashing.

Posted Image

#16 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Crash at awaiting snapshot... sounds somewhat like memory to me. add this parm to your shortcut: +set com_hunkmegs X (where x is half your computers RAM but no more than 2048) Also try to delete your hmconfigs as the sometimes pass on corrupted data

#17 Martin Thompson

Martin Thompson

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Wow, didn't know this was stilldbeing worked on. Going to test it out right away! Thanks guys.

#18 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:02 AM

Crash at awaiting snapshot... sounds somewhat like memory to me. add this parm to your shortcut: +set com_hunkmegs X (where x is half your computers RAM but no more than 2048) Also try to delete your hmconfigs as the sometimes pass on corrupted data

Setting it to anything between 512-2048 does nothing. I have 4 GB DDR3 RAM and 1 GB of onboard memory on my AMD Radeon HD 5850, so memory isn't the problem. I crash out with a C++ runtime error about an "unusual termination request" whenever the LUA scripts try to initialize, and have had this problem on 2.2 beta 8.4.6. It's a code-related problem, I'm just not sure what's causing it.

Posted Image

#19 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:45 AM

Are you using the above mentioned legacy dirvers?

#20 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

I have my .exe renamed to WolfSP, yes.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users