6 replies to this topic

#1 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

Hey guys!

I've been very quiet over the last couple of weeks, and with good reason. I've been beavering away on the final portions forum skin and UberGames home page in order to make it live.

In case you hadn't noticed, yesterday evening, I flipped the switch that made everything go live. :D

It's been a rather long development time. When UberGames.org went down, and we established that the codebase was well and truly dead, we did a lot of research into alternative CMS packages we could use. After selecting one that easily integrated with the forum, the next problem was to actually learn how to write web pages in it. XD

Thankfully, the effort has been well worth it. We've got a rock solid implementation here that SHOULDN'T go down for a very very long time. :D

Anyway, without further ado. I hope you like the new site! :D

http://www.ubergames.net

-TiM

P.S I'll be posting more information about the continued development of the site in the maintenance board.

#2 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:59 AM

Awesome! Looks a really nice design

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

#3 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

Yay :) it's there ... have been seeing parts of it already before but seeing it finally complete and live is great.

#4 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

It's most glorious!

Posted Image

#5 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Haha thanks a lot guys! Glad you like it!

Let me know if you find anything that looks broken. I know there's still a fair bit hidden away on this forum... XD

#6 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:43 PM

I do, however, have one small complaint.

While I appreciate the necessity of ads, I don't appreciate those ads being "Mature Dating UK" :P

Despite withdrawing from GoogleAds tracking cookies (and indeed never visiting some of these sites or expressing any interest) this is happening... weird, anyway, is there any way to change the content of the ads?

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

#7 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

Haha oh blimey. I thought I'd turned all of the 'questionable' categories off. ^_^; Okay, it should be off now.

Yeah... in an attempt to try and get the website to pay for itself a bit more (Hosting fees, the forum license etc), I was thinking ads might be worth another try, if they're done right (Unlike that one attempt on RPG-X.net XD).

Ideally, if they were purely about video games (ie the Star Trek Online or TOR ones), that'd be amazing and would fit right into the theme. Sadly, Google Adsense limits the number of ad categories you can disable, so it's not possible to lock out anything that isn't video games.

On a positive note, and as added motivation, if the website can reach over 50,000 page hits per month (Which is simply, someone opening a page. Not too much of a throw for website with a forum :) ),  then some ad serving services that are a bit more professional than Google Adsense become possible. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users