5 replies to this topic

#1 Apprentice2

Apprentice2

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

POPULAR

I wish to to make another attept to resolve the differences I have with Tim. I have learned that he want me to apologize to him and I am more then happy to offer an apology if Mr. Oliver also makes an apology towards me on account that we both have been wrong. I have been wrong with placing the flame, Mr. Oliver has been wrong in qualifying one infraction as a "joke" and an identical one as a bannable offence.

That is if Mr. Oliver is willing to participate in this attempt. If he is not or he does not wish to regard me as anything other then "foul" or similar descriptions, then I call out to him to publicly state it here and now so that everyone and on other forums, can see that announcement.

Signed,
Apprentice

#2 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Long time no see.

Yep! That's correct. The offer's been standing like that since the banning.

Nope. I don't have anything to apologise for. If I recall, your 'joke' was a slur against my family perishing in a flood (also I believe a comparison between UberGames and Auschwitz was also made). I stand by my call to ban you for that. No one else has made a 'joke' identical to that here. ;)

Feel free to apologise anytime you feel like.

#3 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rpg-x

Scroll down to comments; I'm TLOVeritas.

I'll also leave this: http://apprentice.be

Which is full of additional slander and name-calling.
Posted Image

#4 Apprentice2

Apprentice2

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

Nope. I don't have anything to apologise for. If I recall, your 'joke' was a slur against my family perishing in a flood (also I believe a comparison between UberGames and Auschwitz was also made). I stand by my call to ban you for that. No one else has made a 'joke' identical to that here. ;)

In that aspect Mr. Oliver, I do believe that you are wrong and that you do not see it in a broader view and in the correct context. The "joke" I have made towards you was identical in core and nature to the "joke" I recieved from another member, totally misplaced and undeserving. I only used bigger words but unfortunately I was met with administative actions from your part before I could both explain and elaborate on that and yes, that did piss me off because I felt at the time that the only focus you layed your eyes on, was the "joke" I placed on you. A focus that still remains in existance today, given the quoted comment.

Harry Young once said "what you consider a joke may be an insult to others" but let's not focus on the insult you recieved alone and broaden our perspective in this, shall we ??
Firstly, a member has asked a question to an Ubergames developer regarding the status of a certain project. How about the insult this member has recieved by not providing an answer in a timely fashion ?? I seriously doubt that whenever your boss asked you a similar question, you would be allowed to walk past him for the next five days without telling something without consequence so why should we non-Ubergames staffmembers be treated any differently ??

Secondly, how about the insult this member recieved whenever he asked about the status of an RPG-X map ?? You once wrote to me that "no one you asked so far has thought banning you was too extreme" but subsequently, I do not see you or any other who you have talked to (most likely Ubergames staffmembers) take a stand regarding these "insults" towards members who have asked a question here. Therefor Mr Oliver, I do believe that the flame I have placed at you is nothing more then an event in a series of events that has lead up to that point where I used bigger words and should therefor be put into the correct context and in that aspect, I do believe that I am just as entitled to an apology as you are . . .

#5 Richard Evans

Richard Evans

{S31} Admirals' Team

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:46 AM

I do not wish to interrupt this argument, but this is clearly a personal matter between two members of the forums, and I certainly don't want to see this in a public area, as I'm sure other people are. To me, this is a private matter.

So I pose a question to you both,

Is it worth arguing in public?

On behalf of those not brave enough to post this, I ask that this argument is continued in private, where members and guests can't see it.

Thanks

follow.png

Richard Evans

Risa - The Star Trek Social Media Website

http://goo.gl/gJsMU9

#6 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

I'll just leave this here:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/rpg-x

Scroll down to comments; I'm TLOVeritas.

I'll also leave this: http://apprentice.be

Which is full of additional slander and name-calling.

Uh... wow. O_O

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, Veritas.

I do not wish to interrupt this argument, but this is clearly a personal matter between two members of the forums, and I certainly don't want to see this in a public area, as I'm sure other people are. To me, this is a private matter.

Is it worth arguing in public?

Yeah, it's gotten a bit like that, hasn't it. T_T
To answer your question, it's not worth arguing at all. But at this point, I'm kinda glad I can resolve this one in public. :)

Apprentice. I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish here, but running around different sites and flame posting things about myself (ESPECIALLY your blog), UberGames, and/or any of the projects we've done isn't cool. Even if you dislike someone, it's an incredibly unprofessional thing to do and it's destroyed what little of the remaining credibility you had with me. :(

One thing you've seemed to forget is that pretty much all of our projects are hobbies done for free in our spare time. You have absolutely no right to act like you're entitled to anything we've done as we get to choose what we want to do with it. Running around declaring things abandoned does nothing but make you look foolish. -_-

I've got nothing further to say. Quite frankly, at this point, I don't want you back on this forum ever again. I'd suggest you stop and have a good long think about you current outlook in life and figure out what you need to change.

I'm done with this. Thread closed. Have a nice Christmas. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users