Halo 4

5 replies to this topic

#1 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 02:17 PM

I just picked up my copy of Halo 4 on the way home from work and played through the first chapter. :D

Holy crap. What an amazing game. 343 totally went all out on it, and it shows. :) Also the lens flares. Holy crap. The lens flares. XD

I don't think I've played enough of it to fully make a judgement yet, but I think Bungie need not worry. :)

Who else has played it?

-TiM

#2 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:20 PM

If I had a hat, I would... wait, hold on...

I tip my fez and/or stetson to 343 Industries, because this is how you make a video game. Fair play to Microsoft, who clearly had faith when it came to funding. Every last penny shows on the screen.The cinematics, voice acting, campaign pacing, it's all wonderful. Releasing at a time when "generic modern warfare shooter 1/2/3/4/5/6/7" owns the market, I'm glad to see games like Halo and Planetside 2 making a difference.

Breath of fresh air.

#3 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

I JUST finished the campaign on Heroic. I don't think I have it in me to take on Legandary. ^_^;

Wow... what an amazing game! You're totally right Grizz. Microsoft knew they were taking a gamble entrusting Halo to a brand new internal studio, so it looks like they went to town in every way they possibly could.

The graphics are astonishing. Just... holy crap. And what makes taht even more crazy is how old the Xbox 360 hardware is at this point in time.

If anyone hasn't played it yet, I STRONGLY suggest you do. :)

-TiM

#4 Martin Thompson

Martin Thompson

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

I finished it last week, took me about 4.5 hours. It was really everything I expected from it. 343 did a HELL of a job keeping in line with the Halo universe AND gameplay while at the same time introducing new elements and making the story a bit more personal. A verry bold move since we all love our Chief and Cortana the way it was, but i think the new plot worked out verry well, they added just that tad more realism to the story to make it a really strong story while keeping in line with the old feeling that Bungie put the foundations for. Can't wait for the next part of the plot (Halo 5).

#5 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Come, Martin, let us tell fellow member Andromeda, of our thoughts.

#6 Martin Thompson

Martin Thompson

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

I tried at many times to convince him but he doesnt see it. Well to each his own. Personally i love the little details you can find about the halo universe, both in the games and also online and also in the threads of story and especially backstory that are left semi-open during the games.

I also really liked Forward Unto Dawn, it showed a different side of the coin in the halo universe and looked towards it from a perspective of the "normal man" instead of the allmighty spartan. A job well done in my opinion and yet another "loose thread" filled in in the backstory of the entire universe.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users