3 replies to this topic

#1 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:40 PM

Sorry for my absence. It's been one hell of a year. XD

I've been beavering away on a great many things, and everything is finally done. ^_^
  • Finished up with preparing for/attending/signing off all of my conferences. XD This year I attended GDC under the UberGames mantle, and I also attended WWDC and AUC /dev/world/ under my university position.
  • Finished up ALL of my client work commissions, which consisted of several iOS apps, and multiple websites. I've decided to take a bit of a break from taking on any more. While the extra money is really really good, the utter lack of free time is a bit of a downer.
  • Finally completed and published my first commercial iOS app under my personal business (More on that later :) )

So now that that's all out of the way, I'd very much like to focus on getting the UberGames infrastructure properly back up and running again. And then getting back on track to releasing some more awesome projects (Sadly, the last one I did here was iPokédex). :D

While the forums are up and running properly, all of the other sub-sites that were affected in the server migration are still down. Since I'm REALLY not wanting to custom-roll any more systems (We learnt our lesson there XD), in the few free moments I've had this year, I've been HEAVILY researching what other open-source platforms we have at our disposal, and if said systems would actually be compatible with our hardware/software set-up here. The good news is I THINK I've finally managed to work it all out (And it won't cost us too much to run. Huzzah!)

In any case, I'll be spending the next month re-uploading/re-integrating/re-branding all of the UberGames online web systems, and documenting it as I go. I've set myself a personal deadline of November 17 to get all of the main sites online (As we're having a local games-dev event then here in Perth and it'd be GREAT to be able to pimp out the website then).

As always, thanks a lot for your patience folks! Let's make sure 2013 will the best year for UberGames yet! :)

-TiM

#2 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

Welcome back, Tim :) I'm pleased to see things have been progressing well for you, and that Ubergames is about to receive another lease of life.

#3 Gregory House

Gregory House

AKA: Gregory House

• RPG-X Tester
  • 462 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

Welcome back, TiM!

#4 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:58 PM

Thanks Grizz and Gregory! ^_^

Haha tell me about it. I miss the old uni days when I could spend entire weeks on RPG-X at a time. XD

I'm hoping if we can get a bit better organised, we can get a few more projects back on track too. :)

-TiM

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users