4 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Evans

Richard Evans

{S31} Admirals' Team

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Hey Guys,

I have got another idea (and I'm filled with them). This idea was taken from another game but we can make it our own. So here is what I have in mind - and again, I'm not sure how difficult this would be to code, but we can see.

This would most likely mean a massive engine recode, however it would work. Again, this is done is stages so people can easily see my ideas.

1. A User Logs into the RPG-X Server and Selects a Role and Rank

2. The User, depending on their role can then take a seat on a bridge - i.e. Security at Security Station, Tactical at Tactical, Helm at Helm etc.

3. As the User sits at their seat, a option appears to "View the Console".

4. The Console, depends on the options that appear on screen. This can either be an overlay, or a completely new screen.

Tactical/Security

- They have the ability to change the alert
- View damaged systems, and send engineering teams to those damaged systems.
- The Ability to conduct a short range scan of the area
- Target an enemy ship
- Change from different types of weapons etc

Helm

- The ability to select what type warp, what warp speed as well
- The ability to choose a destination
- Choose from a variety of evasive maneuvers.
- Conduct a short range scan of the area

Plus more that people can think of

Thanks

follow.png

Richard Evans

Risa - The Star Trek Social Media Website

http://goo.gl/gJsMU9

#2 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:13 AM

You've posted a very similar Idea a while ago and I'm just as sceptical about this one + I see no good reason why this should be done, but maybe I just need them told to me.

#3 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:23 AM

Looking at it from a technical point of view I see some problems with this. First of all is making someone beeing able to read the chat and chat himself while in an UI will be real pain.

But I have to admit I like the idea to a have an UIs for certain consoles.

Oh and btw: "View damaged systems, and send engineering teams to those damaged systems." is what OPS officers are for. :D A tactical officer won't have time to do this in a battle.

Please keep up posting your ideas even if we often have to say we can't or don't want to implement them. We have been lacking input from the community for a long time and it is nice to have at least one person to give us some feedback and input.

#4 Richard Evans

Richard Evans

{S31} Admirals' Team

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

I do remember a similar idea. The idea has come about so that officers/players can feel like an actual team, rather than just random people.

It means that for SRP's, you can have a set team for people, and they can actually control the ship. E.G. You can have a server config that specifies systems that the Helm Officer can set a course too, or set how many enemies can warp into a system.

Maybe have it where the server admins can replicate a significant event - like the Dominion War, or Voyager's Return.

Maybe this might be a mod for RPG-X, so a separate entity to RPG-X that acts like an overlay that sends commands to RPG-X. Not sure

follow.png

Richard Evans

Risa - The Star Trek Social Media Website

http://goo.gl/gJsMU9

#5 mc8

mc8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:22 AM

or set how many enemies can warp into a system.

I recommend flowcharts, spreadsheets, and dice. Never fails...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users