7 replies to this topic

#1 Richard Evans

Richard Evans

{S31} Admirals' Team

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

Hey Guys,

Just thought of a few new ideas for Server Admins and what not. Not sure how easy these features would be to incorporate them into the mod, but you can tell me that.

1. Chat Filtering

Currently, Server Admins can see all Private messages. I think that Chat Filtering should be a server admin config that can be toggled on or off which filters out swear words or banned words set in the server config or another config.

2. Intruder Area

Have the ability to set an area as an intruder area. If a player goes into this area, the intruder alarm is sets off. This could be set as an area thing rather than a map thing.

What do you think?

follow.png

Richard Evans

Risa - The Star Trek Social Media Website

http://goo.gl/gJsMU9

#2 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

I'm not sure about chat filtering. On the one hand I personally don't like chat filters, especially not in character-roleplay where it can be fun to have a caracter swear off from time to time. On the other such a system would currently require the message-string to be checked for bad words, then broken apart and pieced back together around the replacemet-phrase. I don't think this is doable within the current gamecode. Also, if a player frequently swears off on other players (not characters) I'm sure the admins will take apprpriate action.

As for the intruder Area both trigger_multiple and target_speaker-entities are available via the temporal entity spawning system and can be used to create such a thing if need be.

Btw: both selfdestruct and shiphealth are in, however they still need some finetuning and at least a german text translation.

#3 Richard Evans

Richard Evans

{S31} Admirals' Team

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

Ah okay. Well, you don't know about these things, unless you ask.

And Awesome! I cannot wait to see it live! Will there be some kind of Beta test?

Thanks

follow.png

Richard Evans

#4 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

I'm currently not sure about betas + I'd have to discuss that with Gsio. If it were for me I'd likely do a closed beta with native germans (simply for communications as both Gsio and me are native germans) a release however might take a while as there is still quite some unfinished buissness in the gamecode for SP-Map refitting. That being said the gamecode is public and if you'd wanted (and don't mind the high chance for bugs and the lack of documentaion on the new features) you could grab both gamecode and enginecode and compile it. I however do not recomend it.

#5 Richard Evans

Richard Evans

{S31} Admirals' Team

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

Okay Cool. Would love to be in the Closed Beta, however, I am not a Native German person. And I wouldn't know where to start about compiling the code. Thanks anyway

follow.png

Richard Evans

#6 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

There is already a private mode where admins can't see the private messages ... I can't remeber the cvar right now though.

I also would rather go for a closed beta this time ... as the new engine build actually rather is an alpha version then a beta and some parts of the RPG-X code are also.

#7 Abba256

Abba256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

How do self destruct

#8 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:06 PM

It's not yet in a public build, so unless you self-compiled you don't een have it available.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users