Happy 2012!

7 replies to this topic

#1 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

Wow. I can't believe 2011 is over just like that. What a crazy year.

In any case, I hope everyone had an awesome celebration during New Year's Eve and have got some excellent new years resolutions coming up. :)

One of my main resolutions is I want to get back into the UberGames swing a bit more this year. I've got a lot of awesome ideas for the website and some personal projects (eg SteamerCard), but there's also a few ideas for bigger projects floating around. We'll have to see what we can come up with. :)

In any case, let's make 2012 the most awesome year yet! :D

-Tim

#2 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

Yea... and it started with an inawesome 6 hours of delivering pizza to still-drunk pepole for me... at least I can't imagine it getting it any worse ^^

Happy 2012

#3 Guest_Apprentice_*

Guest_Apprentice_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:36 AM

Even though I'm regarded as untermensch here, happy 2012 anyway . . .

@Harry: try adding the following to your worldspawn. Might help you with your vis compile.

key: _blocksize
value: 2048 2048 2048

#4 StevenFrost

StevenFrost

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:41 AM

Happy New Year
Yeah I haven't been here in 3 years, and when I came by in 2009 I stayed for probably a month.... loved my experience playing RPG-X and always peaked in the forums once in a while briefly.

So what's going on?
I guess no one's playing RPG-X anymore?
Star Trek Onlines going free... don't know how you all feel about that, I just started playing, but I'm not a huge fan of MMO's.

#5 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:07 AM

Happy new year Steven!

Haha yeah? Sorry there's not much to look at right now. I'm still getting all this new forum software set up.

Not too much. RPG-X is still going along strong with a couple of new updates, and there are some amazing communities contributing to it now. :)
We've got some plans to start some other projects this year. More on that later. XD

Yeah I saw that. I bought a lifetime membership when it came out, so I'm feeling a bit sad now haha... ^_^;
Still.... I dunno. I love Star Trek Online's scale and visual design, but it feels a bit too different to the Star Trek we know and love sometimes (I guess I mean it gets a bit too un-canon in places XD)

#6 Guest_Apprentice_*

Guest_Apprentice_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:24 AM

Happy New Year
Yeah I haven't been here in 3 years, and when I came by in 2009 I stayed for probably a month.... loved my experience playing RPG-X and always peaked in the forums once in a while briefly.

So what's going on?
I guess no one's playing RPG-X anymore?
Star Trek Onlines going free... don't know how you all feel about that, I just started playing, but I'm not a huge fan of MMO's.

Happy new year to you too :)

Yeah, RPG-X is pretty much done for and since you were the first in a fortnight to make a post here, even Ubergames won't be able to escape that. People have lost interest, which is not surprising for a game that is almost 12 years old now.

There isn't much activity in RPG-X anymore but there are still two groups active. TLO and some Hungarian group have shown some regular activity over the past months but the only question remains "how long?", since TLO has begun to support other games so I think it will not be long before they depart and abandon RPG-X all together and will solely focus on the other games.

As for Star Trek online, I never played it plus MMORPG's that goes from a pay2play to a free2play model is oftenly not a good sign for the future or did anyone here forget Tabula Rasa and/or Spellborn??

#7 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 10:07 AM

There is still a german Group, that regrew by one former member last weekend, so there is still life in RPG-X. Otherwise we wouldn't still be working, would we?
STO is okay, but is one of the most unfinished games at release that I have ever seen and they stll haven't fixed that up totally.

#8 BrianneTia02

BrianneTia02

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 12:26 AM

Everyone should read this posting in detail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users