4 replies to this topic

#1 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:46 PM

Hey there

now that I'm officially part of the team I am going to try and do a lot of things to the game-code. Now most of this is stuff I need for the SP-Maps to work again, but you may also benefit from this. Please note that this all may take time as I am more or less working on a trial-and-error-basis.

This is what I am planning for:
  • add func_stasis_door (needed for SP-Maps)
  • add some sort of misc_model_usable (also needed for sp-support)
  • try to convert some fx from sp (need some research on this end)
  • readd misc_laser from dn1
  • rewrite entity-definitions for enhanced clearity and structure
  • squash bugs wherever I can
I will not try and add something totally new to the game since I am still way too green in C-coding, but if there is anything you want to have for current entities let me know and I will try and flesh that out as good as I can.

Harry

#2 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2011 - 07:44 AM

Sound good, only I would advise you not to use Filefront anymore if you want people to download your work. I can't download your latest work because everytime I try to get a hold of it, it apperantly doesn't exist anymore, so I just can't be bothered with it.

#3 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:11 AM

Check us out on ModDB you can download RPG-X2 and Patch 2.1 there ... the lastest public beta and the updated rpgxEF engine are available here.

Also People not owning Elite Force can get the RPG-X Complete Edition a completly legal pack that comes with everything needed to run RPG-X released by the RP Group The Last Outpost.

#4 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:46 PM

Check us out on ModDB you can download RPG-X2 and Patch 2.1 there ... the lastest public beta and the updated rpgxEF engine are available here.

That only links to the main parts of the game. Any other links towards the lua packages or were they only uploaded to that buggy Filefront site ??

#5 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:04 PM

They were actually uploaded here at ubergames but it looks like only the sp-maps survived the crash a few months back.
I'm thinking about doing at least a portfolio of mine -possibly a new host - where I would upload those. I'll be checking my options in the next few days. If there's nothing i'll upload them here again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users