• You cannot reply to this topic

8 replies to this topic

#1 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 05:16 PM

As requested here I have started working on an upgrade for rpg-magnificant. I have already created a set of locations and programmed restart-capability. I am currently working on the transporters and need some feedback here.

As I went through the map again I realized that I would not be able to convert the transporter behind the Bridge to the new UI-system. I tried to remove the target but of course that resulted in error-spamming. Since I'd personally only like one type of transporter-system in the map I'd lock off the room via script and only work on the other transporters. Of course if others wish to leave the room in I'd consider that.

EDIT:

Here is my first release. For notes see this post

Edited by Harry Young, 11 July 2011 - 01:28 PM.
Adding Download

#2 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:32 PM

I am afraid I have to cut the forcefields completly due to mapping-issues. The room-sealing Forcefields are not compiled into one single but rather 2 independent usables so there would only be a rather akward looking contact-effect and the shuttlebay ff's toggle off again shortly after spawning them on. I can fix the shuttlebay but then again I'd rather have only one system in place so I'm falling back on this end.

Edit. Okay, looks more like a bug for the shuttlebay. I'll leave their code in but deactivated until i know more.

#3 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:56 AM

You could try removing one of the two usables and remap the ff shader with with a new one that has culling set to disabled so it is visible from both sides. You have to try wether movement still gets blocked in both directions though.

#4 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:32 AM

Hm... okay, I'm going to look into the shader. If it works that way I may reconsider. what would that line look like?

#5 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:15 PM

I can't remember I added shader remapping functions to Lua yet did I? At least I have/had them planned. If not you should be able to remap by using some entity for it until they are availible.

#6 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:31 PM

You did not. And I was more wondering what the shader-code had to look like.

#7 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:26 PM

Okay, with the forcefields being a pending issue and the doors not in the desired way modifyable I have pulled together a Release featuring Locations, auto-reload, Weapon-VFX and transporters. I also locked off the Bridge-Transporter Room and added Lockdown to the Intensive Care Room. I'll Put the File in the First Post.

#8 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

Thank you for this :)

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

#9 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

You're welcome

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users