• You cannot reply to this topic

13 replies to this topic

#1 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

A map currently used in RPO-Roleplaying, I decided to give the enterprise-e-v2-map a bit of a refreshment in terms of funcionality. The Map now features a working Turbolift, Transporter, Weapons, reacting Forcefields, new Engineering Lockdown and new Locations (if you have other Locations already I recomend their deletion). Also this Map can be restarted by map_restart (it will automaticly reload itsself afterwards)

Please note that this package is needed on both Client- and Serverside due to the included stringfiles.

Have fun.

Edit: Serverside-Only-Fix for Engineering Lockdown.

#2 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:56 PM

Nice. If you could do something similar for the Atlantis, that would be awesome. :D

-USS Raganarök
Posted Image

"Thor, Hlödyn's son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your fate; Ragnarök awaits!"

#3 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:58 PM

I'm going to take a look at her once I have some time and motivation, see what can be done.

#4 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:10 PM

Okay, I just took a look and there isn't really much I can add. It pretty much boils down to weapons-fx, transporter, restart-capability and possibly a little tweak to the alert-system (I'll have to do a little research on this front). since I can jumpstart from the enterprise-e... I'd say I could easily do all this by thursday (bookkeeping wenesday for football, I'll see if I can fit it tough).

#5 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:31 PM

New Version in first Post. It includes a fix for the Engineering Lockdown. It is required Serverside only.

#6 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:51 PM

You have a slight problem, Harry. The things I recently added to my game folder were your LUA upgrades, and the USS Magnificent and RPG Magnificent. I tried to load the Station Vanderbilt, and it just got stuck at the loading screen, and wouldn't load. I removed your LUA updates from the folder, and it still wouldn't load, so I put them back, and removed the Magnificents, and it still wouldn't load, so I removed both your upgrades AND the Magnificents, and it loaded. Odd. I don't expect anyone (except the ST: Phoenix people :)) to know what the Station Vanderbilt is because it hasn't been publicly released yet, but I can tell you that, when it does come out, it's going to be a new premier map, so anything which conflicts with it will... not be good. :)

Just a heads-up!

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

"Thor, Hlödyn's son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your fate; Ragnarök awaits!"

#7 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:46 PM

Uhhh, yeah, I know the 3.0 already (I got it leaked). Have you tried to only leave out the magnificant-files?

#8 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:49 PM

You have a slight problem, Harry. The things I recently added to my game folder were your LUA upgrades, and the USS Magnificent and RPG Magnificent. I tried to load the Station Vanderbilt, and it just got stuck at the loading screen, and wouldn't load. I removed your LUA updates from the folder, and it still wouldn't load, so I put them back, and removed the Magnificents, and it still wouldn't load, so I removed both your upgrades AND the Magnificents, and it loaded. Odd. I don't expect anyone (except the ST: Phoenix people :)) to know what the Station Vanderbilt is because it hasn't been publicly released yet, but I can tell you that, when it does come out, it's going to be a new premier map, so anything which conflicts with it will... not be good. :)

Just a heads-up!

-USS Ragnarök

A combination of multiple files is a bit strange. Could you try all related files in a clean install please?

#9 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 09:22 PM

Uhhh, yeah, I know the 3.0 already (I got it leaked). Have you tried to only leave out the magnificant-files?

I removed your LUA updates from the folder, and it still wouldn't load, so I put them back, and removed the Magnificents, and it still wouldn't load,

;)

A combination of multiple files is a bit strange. Could you try all related files in a clean install please?

Done. Made a copy, deleted everything but the RPG-X & rpgxEF core files, and the files in question. Same problem. Just stays on "Awaiting Connection."

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

#10 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:42 PM

I meant both maps and the lua file.

#11 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:49 AM

Oh I get you. I don't have the Magnificent LUA file.

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

#12 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:18 AM

hm... then I'd guess this is a local issue since I have not been able to reproduce that.
Just to be save: did you stow all concerning files in baseef or RPG-X2 cause if it is the latter this might be because rpg-x2 can get somewhat instabile when filled with too much files.

#13 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:17 PM

I generally put my things in RPG-X2, but instability due to over-population with files is a moot point because I deleted, as I said, everything but the core game files and the files in question when I tested the fresh install, so if my problem was happening because of too many files, it certainly wouldn't have happened there (did the same for BaseEF as well; deleted everything out of it but the core files).

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

#14 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:27 PM

Well with V3 finally being open to public I can confirm the issue that the map will get stuck on client-side load-up. I could not confirm your fix based on Beta 8.4.6. I'd make an assumption but since I dont even have a remotely valid clue I can't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users