• You cannot reply to this topic

19 replies to this topic

#1 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

Hello again. So, two questions from me about the epic Station Vanderbilt: First, was it ever developed beyond V 2.0 (station_vanderbilt_v3.pk3)? Because the version my RPG-X group obtained yesterday doesn't include, for example, deck 10 does not exist on this map.

Also, one of our members is getting a "<smth> is not a JPEG file: begins with 0x64f 0xg61" or something of that sort. Any ideas which other maps cause a corrupt JPEG on Vanderbilt? Because I went through and basically made his rpgxEF the same as mine and it still happened (though he uses RPGXCE and I use the old-fashioned way). I know it's being caused by another map, for one thing, because it doesn't happen to me, and for another, because I went into the PK3 and deleted every JPEG file in there and it still didn't work (yes, extremist measure, but at least it told us the problem was not in the Vanderbilt PK3 lol).

Thanks!

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

"Thor, Hlödyn's son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your fate; Ragnarök awaits!"

#2 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:18 AM

I'm happy to report our member's problem has been solved. :) Still looking for info on any new stuff coming out for the amazing Vanderbilt though.

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

"Thor, Hlödyn's son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your fate; Ragnarök awaits!"

#3 SciSeven

SciSeven

• RPG-X Tester
  • 279 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 06:47 AM

Hey USS Ragnarök!

Vanderbilt V3 was intended to be an internal release for my RP-group ST Phoenix. ~TF~ made amazing changes to the map to fit to our current plot. Though he hasn't finished certain parts that need to be redone, he already released the map for us so that we can RP on it.
That's the reason why some things are missing, originally it was not (maybe not yet) intended to be released for general public ;)

But it seems you like the map, do you? ^^
sig_lillyryan1.jpg

#4 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 08:53 AM

I'm happy to report our member's problem has been solved. :) Still looking for info on any new stuff coming out for the amazing Vanderbilt though.

-USS Ragnarök

What was causing the problem? For future reference.

#5 SciSeven

SciSeven

• RPG-X Tester
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 08:41 AM

Yeah, I forgot to ask about it *lol*
Please tell us :)
sig_lillyryan1.jpg

#6 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 03:24 PM

It seems to have been RPGXCE causing the error, but we're still trying to determine that. Yes, SciSeven, we love the map, but it appears the creator thereof may not wish it to be used yet (I've been talking to him on your forums). If he doesn't, we'll certainly respect that wish and take it down until he releases the final/public version, but it is our hope that he'll permit us to continue using this version of the map until he does choose to release the final, completed version to the public. :)

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

#7 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Sorry for bumping the thread, but if you see this, can you post how you fixed it? As more and more people will be using RPG-XCE to play the game (even I did it, despite having the full discs and knowledge to set it up, frankly, this is just easier). Eitherway, if you could post how you fixed it, would be much appreciated.

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

#8 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

Hey Ragnarok/SciSeven,

Could either of you, or the original map maker, contact me here, on WLM, via e-mail (all my details are on my profile) or at TLO's site (http://last-outpost.net)? I'd really like to work with you to fix any bugs RPGXCE might be causing with your map.

Veritas

Edit: Thanks to whomever opened the ticket in our system http://bugs.last-out...id=26&project=4 - I'll be taking a look at it today. If you'd like to register an account with our bug tracker, that'd be helpful, and you'll be able to receive updates as I work on it. 

Edit edit: Also, if anyone has a copy of Vanderbilt they can get to me, I don't currently have it. That'd be very helpful. 

Posted Image

#9 ~TF~

~TF~

Advanced Member

• RPG-X Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Hello,
I am the mapper of Station Vanderbilt.

The last Version (3.1.4) was already released at 28th September 2011, as I also wrote in the Star Trek: Phoenix topic at the same date. (Original Post)
The download is in the Download Database of Star Trek: Phoenix.

@Ragnarök: I don't really know, which file creates that error. I will have a look at the RPGXCE files as soon as I can and try to find the file.

sig_nujil2.jpg

#10 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Great, thank you so much! 

Would you be opposed to my site, The Last Outpost, hosting a mirror of the file in our downloads database?

Posted Image

#11 ~TF~

~TF~

Advanced Member

• RPG-X Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Yes you can host the complete file (with readmes) on your server.

sig_nujil2.jpg

#12 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

Great. We will do. 

Posted Image

#13 Odyssey

Odyssey

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:12 AM

So, I'm not sure if it's common knowledge by now, but RPG-X CE's pak3.pk3 file is actually what's causing the problem. Replacing it with one from a retail expansion disk allowed me to load the map and use it without issue.

Posted Image

#14 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

(just a quick note, we discussed the aforementioned problem in another thread and this will be fixed once I get a copy of the good pak3.pk3) 

Edit: Quick update, the pk3 ~TF~ sent me fixes the issue and I'll be including it in the next public patch.

Posted Image

#15 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

Is there a new download location. I'm struggling to locate on the site.

#16 Richard Evans

Richard Evans

{S31} Admirals' Team

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

http://www.stphoenix...ntry&entryID=20

There we go

follow.png

Richard Evans

Risa - The Star Trek Social Media Website

http://goo.gl/gJsMU9

#17 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:59 PM

Thank you :)

#18 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:17 AM

Did I mention how I love you for this map?

No?

Consider it done.

#19 SciSeven

SciSeven

• RPG-X Tester
  • 279 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 06:50 AM

@Grizz: Wow, those opening credits look amazing. Very well done! I love the part when you're flying through the door onto OPS.

Must have been a lot of work I guess?

sig_lillyryan1.jpg

#20 ~TF~

~TF~

Advanced Member

• RPG-X Tester
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Thank you, thats a very nice compliment.  :)

sig_nujil2.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users