• You cannot reply to this topic

7 replies to this topic

#1 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:17 PM

After talking to Gsio a few weeks ago I decided to take over for him concerning the update of the Singleplayer-Maps for propper use in RPG-X. I started by enhancing his original script for borg1 to a point where it works and looks very close to the original level while utilizing RPG-X-features such as func_forcefield. So far it is the only map I did yet I'd like some general feedback on this one. So here it is for you to test it. You can check the Changelog for the details.

Attached Files

#2 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 04:00 AM

Okay, I added Borg2-support as good as I could with pending issues. I therefor also skipped that 2-part-elevator completely for now and build a teleporter around it for bypassing. It is in the first Post. Also there Is an Issue where you can Spawn in the Void. I am not sure why that is so if you hit that just respawn.

#3 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:31 AM

After a sleepless night I am happy to announce that I have completed all work possible on the second set of borg-maps (borg3-6) All 6 Upgrades are avivable in the first post again.

#4 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:45 PM

Since I finally can do it again here's an update: Over the last few months I worked closely with Gsio on enhanching the Gameside Lua-Support and I managed to add some of the missing features in the Borg-mals (like the Elevators on Borg2 or rescue the foster) and even found a way to add explosion-effects to the breakables. I have also started working on the dn-maps and made dn1 almost completely working with the only open item being an alternate laser-minigame.

The next release will come once Gsio puts out a new version (and I get my computer back from service ^^)

#5 Jeroen

Jeroen

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:26 AM

The download link appears do be dead ?

Posted Image

#6 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:57 AM

It is, but I do no longer have a copy of the current public version so I'm afraid you'll have to either ask around or waiit for some time. sorry

By the way: I'm going to finish up the other DN-Maps in the next few days pending other issues.

#7 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:27 PM

Okay, there has an issue come up with the Turrets on dn3, 5 and 8. As fas as I can see those maps won't load on dedicated internet servers and beyond that they behave quite odd. My initial fix for this was to remove their spawn function for now but I don't know if this could also be a permanent fix since I am not sure wether there are maps that make use of turrets. If there is one that would rle out this as a permanent fix.

#8 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:10 AM

With the Upload-Segment available here now I'm going to upload a new version of this as well as a my uther Lua Enhancements as a complete file here once the categories have been set propperly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users