- - - - -

Portal 2

6 replies to this topic

#1 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:16 AM

No, I'm not sorry. These are spoilers, read at your own doom.

Chell is Cave Johnson's and Caroline (Johnson(?)) adoptive daughter... probably.

Reasons for this? Portal 1, "Bring your daughter to work day is a great time to have her tested". Ok, not so much going on there, Portal 2... "Bring your daughter to work day", oh look!

http://cloud.steampo...8425247AA35C0C/

Let's see more evidence... AH!
The Hidden Portrait, PotatOS says that she thinks the couple look familiar, and the title of the portrait clearly says "Cave Johnson", have a look
http://cloud.steampo...A4224E243ECE33/

Now look at the back, at the left... there is a girl stood there. Can't see her?
Booyah!
Posted Image

Could that girl be Chell?

Let's see some facts here, we can assume Cave died sometime in the 90's (Probably due to asbestos poisoning) and Caroline was put into GLaDOS this portrait is located in the 80's section of Aperture and we can assume Chell is something like 25, not to mention the amount of cryo storage going on at Aperture.

Now let's see something else, GLaDOS has no reason to save Chell (infact it would have been easier for her to be sucked out with Whatley... motherly love?

However the portrait is painted, yet "Chell" is stood at the back, and is dressed very differently compared to Cave and Caroline (she's almost in what look like rags). Then, whizz all the way back to Half Life 1, there is a picture of a baby in Gordon's locker (this would have been sometime in the 80's) so maybe Chell is Gordon's... niece or something? *shrug*

Anyway I'm tired and fueled on red bull so this feels strange either way... discuss!

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

#2 Gregory House

Gregory House

AKA: Gregory House

• RPG-X Tester
  • 462 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:27 AM

I think that person on the left in the last image is a statue. :P

#3 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:29 AM

But this is VALve we're talking about, their attention to detail is... well everything. They would not have put that in and then darkened it out... I sniff a new ARG (maybe with the release of DLC? *hopeful* ^_^)

Brex.png

#4 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 10:08 AM

I believe the turret opera reinforces this theory.

Caroline saying farewell to her child.

Also, that statue: http://i.imgur.com/4VUYE.jpg

#5 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:04 PM

Major spoiler coming up, thus I leave you with a large gap/chasm

Cara bel, cara mia bella. Mia bambina, a tra che la stima che la stima. (My dear, beautiful darling, my child that i admire.) A cara mia, addio! Mia bambina cara, perche non passi lontana si lontana da scienza? (To my dear, farewell! My dear girl, why not walk far away from science?) Cara cara mia bambina. A mia bel. A mia cara. A mia cara. A mia bambina. A cara, cari a mi! (My dear, dear girl. To my lovely. To my dear. To my dear. To my child, My dear, dear to me!)

That's the opera (and it's translation) so who knows... could be :)

Brex.png

#6 Telex Ferra

Telex Ferra

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:15 PM

Tis my belief as well

#7 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:02 PM

Could make for an interesting story come Portal 3 :)

Brex.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users