• You cannot reply to this topic

13 replies to this topic

#1 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 04:07 PM

Good news, everyone!

I'm very pleased to announce that The Last Outpost (http://www.last-outpost.net/) has finally completed its all-in-one RPG-X installer, dubbed RPG-X Complete Edition. Better yet, this program is now being released to the community at large, for free, and with permission from Raven Software and CBS Entertainment!

RPG-X Complete Edition (RPGXCE) contains everything you need to play RPG-X in one convenient package - just download, install, and run! It uses the latest RPG-X 2.2 beta and ioCow release, and is fully rpgxEF compatible. Plus, it includes an autoexec.cfg configuration file which automatically sets com_hunkmegs, cl_allowdownload and other common console commands. For newbies looking to get into RPG-X or old hands who want to try a new, better way to roleplay, RPGXCE is your one-stop solution.

Starting now, RPGXCE is available from The Last Outpost through its website and through EFFiles. Visit TLO today to learn more, and if you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please feel free to let me know! I look forward to RPing with everyone, and am excited about what the future holds.

Thanks,
Veritas (aka ReadingPie) and The Last Outpost
Posted Image

#2 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:19 PM

great thing, yet I'd be good to have a rpgxef/2.2 Beta 8.4.4 Engine version since ioef/cow almost completly died out in the german market and experience shows that rpgxef - even if properbly explaned - can be even more complicated.

#3 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:22 PM

We are working on solutions for an rpgxEF version. The biggest obstacle is symlinking baseEF so that you do not need to install maps multiple times. Expect more on that in the future, probably early this summer.
Posted Image

#4 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:33 PM

Well, there's app roaming. Put the PK3's there in either folder and both engines should be able to call them up.

Edit: At least IOef works that way.

#5 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:11 PM

RPGXCE is ioCow based, so that wouldn't work. We chose ioCow specifically because of the issues ioEF causes with the Roaming folder.
Posted Image

#6 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

Maybe someone could fresh me up on those as I never hat such issues.

#7 Apprentice

Apprentice

Mighty pirate!

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:31 PM

Reminds me a bit of the old Steam game installers that were released a few years back. At the time, they were current but nowadays are hopelessly outdated. I have a feeling that the same will happen with this installer, especially when GSIO decides to release some updates to the RPG-X versions around (if we see a release, that is) . . .

#8 Ryan Shark

Ryan Shark

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

Good work :)

#9 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:27 PM

@Harry Young: ioEF pulls from certain folders, but vEF and ioCow do not. If you have multiple EF installs or reinstall EF, you will screw up your configuration, and ioEF tends to break your config regardless of what you do.

@Apprentice: Plans are in the works for a self-updating version, to hopefully be tested this summer, and the program can be easily patched. The Last Outpost plans to continue supporting RPGXCE and keeping it current for as long as we are around. The first patch will be dropped probably later this week. For us, RPGXCE is just one step towards a vision of a complete suite of RPG-X tools that will make it easy, enjoyable, and flexible.

@Ryan Shark: Thank you! We're very proud :)
Posted Image

#10 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 10:35 PM

Wlee I have five seperate installs so far and I never experienced such a problem. There were some Problems comming up but simbly write-lock the roamings hmconfigs did the trick and I had not a single engine-related problem since then.

#11 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:02 AM

I have to test and see if ioCow can access maps put in the Roaming folder - I'm sure rpgxEF does. The other thing is that ioCow is a more powerful, more stable (generally) engine than ioEF, and is a newer version.
Posted Image

#12 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 02:35 PM

Quick update, everyone - thanks to GSIO01, RPGXCE has been featured on ModSentry and ModDB! Take a look!
Posted Image

#13 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 09:33 AM

EvilGrizz likes this ^_^

....damn, wrong site.

#14 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

Hey everyone,

RPGXCE has been updated to version 1.1! A 1.0 to 1.1 patch is now available - see the announcement here.

So far, the response to RPGXCE has been overwhelming - we really appreciate it. We hope you continue to enjoy all it has to offer!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users