• You cannot reply to this topic

18 replies to this topic

#1 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:07 PM

rpgxEF resets its hmconfig, and I can find no pattern to it. It seems to be random. The weird thing is, if you open hmconfig, all the binds are still there, it just doesn't wanna load from it. I read something in the rpgxEF thread about copying the binds to autoexec.cfg, but I can't find any such file in the game's folders. I tried creating it under C:\rpgxEF\RPG-X2\autoconfig.cfg and copying everything in hmconfig into it, but it still loaded blank. How can I fix this?

Thank you!

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

"Thor, Hlödyn's son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your fate; Ragnarök awaits!"

#2 John

John

Computer Techie

• RPG-X Tester
  • 285 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

Some operating systems like Windows Vista and 7 create a copy of hmconfig within your user directory eg: c:/users/yourname/appdata hunt around and your should be able to find it

#3 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:47 AM

The file is called autoexec.cfg and not autoconfig.cfg.

I don't know why tehre are problems with loading the config files, it's problem inheritated from ioquake 3 though.

#4 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:55 PM

Some operating systems like Windows Vista and 7 create a copy of hmconfig within your user directory eg: c:/users/yourname/appdata hunt around and your should be able to find it

I tried that; I don't think rpgxEF has anything to do with that.

The file is called autoexec.cfg and not autoconfig.cfg.

I don't know why tehre are problems with loading the config files, it's problem inheritated from ioquake 3 though.

I can't find auto-anything. What folder is it supposed to be in?

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

"Thor, Hlödyn's son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your fate; Ragnarök awaits!"

#5 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:17 AM

autoexec.cfg is best put in the install-paths baseef and you have to create this cfg yourself.

The Problem can also be passed by ticing the "writelock"-checkbox in your hmconfig in roaming/stvef/rpg-x2

#6 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:28 AM

I copied the entire hmconfig into rpgxEF/autoexec.cfg, loaded the program, and it was still blank. Are you supposed to copy all of hmconfig?

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

#7 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:50 AM

Hm... in that case I recomend you delete the hmconfig of yours (or just put it aside for checkback) and recreate all the settings via the game and then lock the new file up. It will work then, tough it isn't the best way (better than losing the binds every time)

#8 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:26 PM

I've tried setting the hmconfig found in rpgxEF/RPG-X2 read-only and it doesn't help. The funny thing is, if you open it once it's cleared, the settings and binds you have are still in there, but it just won't work. I also copied it to roaming/STVEF/RPG-X2/hmconfig.cfg and same BaseEF. I also tried /execing it and the autoexec I made (copied over into the RPG-X2 folder), and something called "Cbud_TextInsert" kept overflowing.

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

#9 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

This happens to me a lot too. The only thing I've found to do is to get it how I want it, then write a config file, then everytime it doesn't load right i exec that config file.

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

#10 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:58 AM

I've tried setting the hmconfig found in rpgxEF/RPG-X2 read-only and it doesn't help. The funny thing is, if you open it once it's cleared, the settings and binds you have are still in there, but it just won't work. I also copied it to roaming/STVEF/RPG-X2/hmconfig.cfg and same BaseEF. I also tried /execing it and the autoexec I made (copied over into the RPG-X2 folder), and something called "Cbud_TextInsert" kept overflowing.

-USS Ragnarök

Interesting I'll check that message in the code ... thanks for the information.

#11 Apprentice

Apprentice

Mighty pirate!

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

rpgxEF resets its hmconfig, and I can find no pattern to it. It seems to be random. The weird thing is, if you open hmconfig, all the binds are still there, it just doesn't wanna load from it. I read something in the rpgxEF thread about copying the binds to autoexec.cfg, but I can't find any such file in the game's folders. I tried creating it under C:\rpgxEF\RPG-X2\autoconfig.cfg and copying everything in hmconfig into it, but it still loaded blank. How can I fix this?

I also had this problem and it has something to do with the config files stored in the roaming folder. Both ioEF versions and rpgxEF are using the same roaming folder on your C drive.

I fixed it by creating two autoexec.cfg files (one in the Elite Force folder and one in a seporate rpgxEF folder) which contained ALL key bindings I use to play the game (bind UPARROW "+forward" and that sort of thing).

I also included the line seta fs_homepath "C:\Elite Force" into the autoexec.cfg file and added +set fs_homepath "C:\Elite Force" into the *.bat file I use to start the game (for rpgxEF, use the folder where you have installed rpgxEF) and I don't have the problem anymore where the games are trying to load their config files from the roaming folder.

P.S: The idiot who has implemented that EF uses a roaming folder should've been shot!

#12 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:20 PM

I created this autoexec.cfg file:

bind TAB "+info"
bind ENTER "+button2"
bind SPACE "+back"
bind ' "rconpassword <deleted>"
bind , "+moveleft"
bind - "weapon 10"
bind . "+moveright"
bind / "useEnt"
bind 0 "weapon 0"
bind 1 "weapon 1"
bind 2 "weapon 2"
bind 3 "weapon 3"
bind 4 "weapon 4"
bind 5 "weapon 5"
bind 6 "weapon 6"
bind 7 "weapon 7"
bind 8 "weapon 8"
bind 9 "weapon 9"
bind = "weapon 11"
bind [ "emote console1"
bind \ "emote stand3"
bind ] "emote console3"
bind ` "toggleconsole"
bind a "+moveleft"
bind c "+movedown"
bind d "+moveright"
bind e "equip"
bind f "flashlight"
bind g "+button3"
bind h "weapon 12"
bind i "emote sit1"
bind k "adminlogin <deleted>"
bind l "laser"
bind m "thirdPerson"
bind n "noclip"
bind o "lock"
bind p "+button3"
bind q "cloak 0"
bind r "cloak 1"
bind s "+moveup"
bind t "messagemode2"
bind u "+use"
bind w "+forward"
bind x "emote combadge1"
bind y "messagemode"
bind z "+zoom"
bind ~ "toggleconsole"
bind UPARROW "+forward"
bind DOWNARROW "+back"
bind LEFTARROW "+left"
bind RIGHTARROW "+right"
bind SHIFT "+speed"
bind DEL "+lookdown"
bind PGDN "+lookup"
bind END "centerview"
bind F1 "vote yes"
bind F2 "vote no"
bind F3 "ui_teamorders"
bind F4 "levelselect"
bind F11 "screenshot"
bind KP_HOME "msg2 our"
bind KP_UPARROW "msg2 inis"
bind KP_PGUP "msg2 mona!"
bind KP_LEFTARROW "msg2 admiral ryan mcfalson"
bind KP_5 "msg2 and admiral xellas tollas commanding."
bind KP_RIGHTARROW "msg2 {S31},"
bind KP_END "msg2 section 31 roleplay"
bind KP_DOWNARROW "msg2 admiral richard evans"
bind KP_PGDN "msg2 admiral joe riker"
bind KP_INS "thirdPersonRevert"
bind KP_DEL "thirdPersonCommit"
bind KP_SLASH "thirdPersonReset"
bind KP_MINUS "msg2 this roleplay starring:"
bind KP_PLUS "+thirdPersonRight"
bind MOUSE1 "+attack"
bind MOUSE2 "+forward"
bind MOUSE3 "+altattack"
bind MWHEELDOWN "weapnext"
bind MWHEELUP "weapprev"seta fs_homepath "C:\rpgxEF"

Those line returns aren't there in the file; the forum added them.

I put it in the following places:

C:\rpgxEF\BaseEF
C:\rpgxEF\RPG-X2
<User>\appdata\roaming\stvef\baseef
<User>\appdata\roaming\stvef\RPG-X2

I also took the write-lock off hmconfig since when I tried to /exec autoexec in game it said it couldn't write that. Then I /exec'd it. Nothing.

If anyone would like to use TeamViewer, I have that.

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

#13 Apprentice

Apprentice

Mighty pirate!

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:30 PM

Put the seta fs_homepath on a seporate line and start the file with unbindall

#14 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

Tried it. I even copied the hmconfig which appears normal to the roaming folder, both baseef and rpg-x2, and it still loads blank. I exec'd autoexec.cfg with write-protect off on all hmconfig's and it still didn't load their settings.

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

#15 Apprentice

Apprentice

Mighty pirate!

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:05 PM

Did you try starting the game through a *.bat file with a +set fs_homepath "C:\Elite Force" line added ??

#16 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

.bat? I use a shortcut file. What exactly would I need to put into the .bat file? All that's in the shortcut file? Because the shortcut already starts it with +set fs_homepath "C:\rpgxEF"

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

#17 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:58 PM

Ah no, it did work, it just doesn't save model and name. :) Thanks!

EDIT: Got it working. You just have to put the stuff like "seta playername" or whatever it is into your autoexec. :)

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

#18 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:44 PM

Update, nope, it's still losing the character's settings, skin name etc., even though it was working the other day and the settings for it are still in all the autoexecs.

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

#19 Apprentice

Apprentice

Mighty pirate!

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:13 PM

Update, nope, it's still losing the character's settings, skin name etc., even though it was working the other day and the settings for it are still in all the autoexecs.

It lost everything again ??

What kind of Windows version are you using and does your account has administrative privileges ??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users