• This topic is locked This topic is locked

3 replies to this topic

#1 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:17 PM

Hey. I'm having some problems with my EF install - lots, actually. Bots ignore commands, can't play certain maps like CTF_Singularity, I have to rename the executable to quake3.exe to get proper FPS (rpgxEF caused that, but kudos to the maker for helping me fix it) - but the problem is that, you would think that a re-install would fix everything, right?

Let me tell you, I used the uninstaller, I deleted all the folders to do with it, all the registry entries I could find - for it and the destructive Venorcis mod - and still, the game is somehow accessing these destructive settings! To give you an idea how bad it is, I can play maps whose PK3s are nowhere near the game's BaseEF. After renaming the PK3, the brightness setting - which is buggy enough to begin with - will not stick. However, when I reinstall the game, the controls and my skin are all the same, even though it should be a fresh install - it's very confusing.

I don't understand the problem, but I do understand that the only solution is going to be to GET THIS GAME AND EVERYTHING TO DO WITH IT OFF MY COMPUTER, then re-install it. It must be as if the game was never here at all. All mods must go, too - the mod list in-game is showing up mods for which there are no files in its folder. It's ridiculous.

Thanks in advance for any help!
-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

"Thor, Hlödyn's son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your fate; Ragnarök awaits!"

#2 Jordan

Jordan

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 02:26 AM

Tried deleting the folder, depending on Windows OS you have, for windows. [Your User] -> AppData -> Roaming -> STVEF. This folder usually contains the config and pk3 files that just end up there most of the time. This folder is usually hidden so you'll have to enable the view hidden folders. Windows Vista is roughly the same file path, probs for XP too..
Posted Image

#3 Abba256

Abba256

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 05:41 PM

Go into the main computer drive (normally c:/) find the folder called program files open it go down to raven. If ef is the only game in there delete the entire raven folder and if you do have other games put the whole folder on a pen drive or some sort of external memory device and then delete the raven folder

#4 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:39 AM

Please do not digg up posts this old. Thank you.

*closed*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users