3 replies to this topic

#1 maximization

maximization

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 04:39 PM

hey there,

a few months ago I ordered that cheap 3ds max version for students. everything is fine, tutorials on the net are great but there's still one open question (yep, I've checked the help files as well): There is a function that adds a 'grid' to 3ds max, I've seen someone use that. The function of the grid is similar to the one in the GTKRadiant (the point is: you can't create objects that have i.e. a length of 30,452m long buta length of exactly 30m. the same with polys etc, no odd values). My question: How do I activate that function? (I think that some of you use 3ds max, otherwise I wouldn't have asked)

best regards
-max

#2 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:48 PM

Umm, do you mean snap functionality? (Ie as you change the scale of something it snaps to the discrete units in the background)

If so... I have no idea. Usually there's a line of numbers at the bottom of MAX where you can change the dimensions manually... but I've never had the need for snap functionality myself... :P

#3 William

William

Lead Level Developer - RPG-X

• UberGames Developer
  • 728 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 03:20 PM

There's snap buttons on the top tool bar, one for movement, rotation, scale and maybe another

#4 maximization

maximization

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:37 PM

Found it, that button with the magnet as symbol (wow... I remember I checked the function of every button in main interface, but somehow I must have skipped those)

Thx very much Tim and Wil :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users