The Last Outpost

• You cannot reply to this topic

42 replies to this topic

#1 Jenson

Jenson

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

A group of veteran role players got together one day and decided to form a group. This group would be dedicated to creating a fun, communal environment where members could enjoy high quality role plays and SRPs with a minimum of red tape. This group would be governed by individuals accountable to the membership, and would cater to both the casual and expert role player. This group is TLO, The Last Outpost.

Myself, Klaw, ReadingPie (now known as Veritas), and Telex Ferra have been active in the RPG-X community for a long time, and have brought you such great role plays as Star Trek: Schisms, Star Trek: The Solaris Files, Star Trek: First Steps, Star Trek: Elysium, Star Trek: Unification and Star Trek: Frontlines. Now we have banded together to form a new group which we feel incorporates the best of all our experiences within the community. We look forward to creating new and exciting SRPs, and hope you will join us on this adventure.

Please do not ask us for a certain rank, admin, or moderator access. Such requests will be ignored. Such assignments will be given out based on merit, not as incentive to join. We are a new group with only a few members thus far, but our goal is not to get as many members as we can no matter how we can. Our goal is simply to have fun, and we invite you to join us on our server as we boldly go where no one has gone before…on a Quake 3 engine!

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. My contact information is in my profile. You can visit our forums at www.last-outpost.net. We look forward to role playing with you on the server!

Signed,

Flag Officer Jenson
Chairman of the Council

#2 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:19 PM

I'd like to just quickly add my invitation to everyone as well, and that we look forward to seeing you all on our server, which is now up!

Posted Image

#3 Jenson

Jenson

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:11 PM

Please join us in an upcoming TLO Event: Safe Habor Station!

Learn to use the new rpgxEF platform, then take it for a spin with a unique and exciting new roleplay. Safe Harbor Station is a new concept in episodic events, an interchangeable and continuous roleplay that can run whenever there's time and people willing. Set on a starbase located in neutral territory, it follows an intrepid Federation crew running a mostly alien station. The mysteries found in these uncharted sectors, their alien inhabits, and in the station itself are not for the faint of heart - but for those who will take the risk, the rewards are just as great. A tour of duty on Safe Habor changes you, but if you can make it through, you'll learn things about the galaxy - and about yourself - you'd never before imagined.

This event will feature a unique Safe Harbor Station roleplay that will take place on the rpgxEF server. Before the roleplay, TLO staff will lead an interactive class through MSN and screen-sharing that will help teach players to set up and use rpgxEF, and switch between it and regular (vanilla) RPG-X. Once everyone's got their game running, we'll head over to TLO's own rpgxEF server for an exciting new roleplay.

The rpgxEF set up program will begin this Sunday, November 7th at 12 PM EST (5 PM GMT). Already have rpgxEF set up? Then join us on the TLO rpgxEF server at 1 PM EST (6 PM GMT) for the RP! To learn more about this event and to apply for a position in the RP, please visit http://last-outpost....ation-and-rsvp/. We hope to see you there!
Posted Image

#4 Telex Ferra

Telex Ferra

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:48 PM

I heard the event went well :)

#5 Smyth Wesson

Smyth Wesson

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 16 November 2010 - 10:14 PM

Sounds tasty.

If you guys are still around when IRL stops being a jerk and I can do EF stuff, count me in.
Posted Image

#6 Telex Ferra

Telex Ferra

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:36 PM

We'd be delighted to have you Smyth

#7 Jenson

Jenson

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 November 2010 - 09:29 PM

TLO is gearing up for another event with SHS Part 2! A date and time poll is currently up; however, it currently looks as if Saturday, December 4th at 12:30 PM EST (5:30 GMT) will be selected. If you wish to learn more about this event, or to sign up, visit the topic on our forums: http://last-outpost....ation-and-rsvp/.

A couple weeks after SHS, we'll be hosting another event...more on this soon!
Posted Image

#8 Telex Ferra

Telex Ferra

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 02:41 PM

Happy Holidays to the RPG-X community

#9 Jaris

Jaris

Drinker of Plexinade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 02:49 AM

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -Mark Twain

#10 Jenson

Jenson

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 02:36 PM

TLO is pleased to announce that we have opened up the 3rd SRP slot. We currently have a poll up for TLO members to select the next idea they'd like to see as an SRP. We'll post more details here once the results are in!
Posted Image

#11 Telex Ferra

Telex Ferra

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

TLO has some awesome stuff in the works. Stay tuned for details.

#12 Jenson

Jenson

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 02:14 AM

http://www.youtube.c...=y6NwY5PTXJY#ws

Big things are coming...and they may forever change the way we look at RPG-X.
Posted Image

#13 Jenson

Jenson

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 01:54 AM

The members of TLO have selected the SRP proposal to fill the 3rd slot. I'm pleased to announce that Star Trek: Frontlines will be launching soon, lead by Klaw! The pilot episode is currently scheduled for Sunday, February 27th at 3:30 PM EST (8:30 PM GMT). For more information about the SRP and to sign up for Frontlines, click here. As a reminder, TLO allows anyone to participate in our SRPs and to hold regular positions, although members have priority for senior positions.
Posted Image

#14 Telex Ferra

Telex Ferra

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:22 PM

A little over 90 minutes until an exciting announcement from TLO!

#15 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 06:55 PM

Down to 65 minutes... oh isn't it exciting?!

#16 Telex Ferra

Telex Ferra

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

More like 33 now!

#17 Jaris

Jaris

Drinker of Plexinade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 07:42 PM

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -Mark Twain

#18 Veritas

Veritas

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 21 February 2011 - 08:20 PM

Ladies, gentlemen, assorted transgendered species:

I am proud to announce that Project Retool, a complete redesign and relaunch of The Last Outpost's site, is now LIVE!

http://www.last-outpost.net/

In addition, we are pleased to announce RPGXCE, the world's first all-in-one RPG-X installer!

To learn more, please visit the Retool announcement: http://last-outpost....839.msg4692#new

Thanks!
Posted Image

#19 Jenson

Jenson

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:39 PM

Join us today at 3:30 PM EST (8:30 PM GMT) for the premiere of Star Trek: Frontlines written by Klaw! If you haven't already signed up for a position, you can do so here. As a reminder, TLO allows anyone to participate and to hold regular rostered positions in our SRPs, although TLO members have priority for assignments.

I'm also pleased to announce that ST-O-RP is merging with TLO! We believe this merger will strengthen our RP division--but it is also the first step for TLO opening an Star Trek: Online division. We hope to be up and live in STO in a few weeks--we'll keep you informed.

Also, with this merger, Star Trek: Banting will be moving to TLO. Stay tuned for more details, including Banting's new date and time!
Posted Image

#20 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:20 AM

The SRPs last night were fun, and I look forward to working with you :)

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users