• You cannot reply to this topic

36 replies to this topic

#21 Apprentice

Apprentice

Mighty pirate!

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 06:40 AM

The idiot who has implemented the whole 10 characters thing should've been shot !!

'nuff said . . .

#22 Martin Thompson

Martin Thompson

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:53 AM

YAY, it works now!

I reinstalled windows 7 x64 and installe Catalyst 9.5 which did the trick.
Now I know that on my old install i had a slightly higher version of Catalyst
since they changed the layout of the Controll Center and I was already on the new
layout and 9.5 is still the old one. But it works now.

I just hope future games doknt require a driver update since then ill be screwed again lol.
Anyway, thanks for all your replies!

#23 SciSeven

SciSeven

• RPG-X Tester
  • 279 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:42 PM

Yeah, great to hear that :D

It's very frustrating if such an old game won't run fluently on up-to-date systems ^^
sig_lillyryan1.jpg

#24 Martin Thompson

Martin Thompson

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 08:46 PM

Ok, this is gettin annoying. I had to update my drivers for some newer games, now im done to 10 fps in ef again....
I think its cuz of my chipset, HD4850X2 since Brex has the same drivers but a diff vid card in his rig.

#25 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 28 June 2010 - 11:46 PM

I just remembered you might try to disabling Catalyt AI and Temporal AA.

#26 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 06:32 AM

I leave AI on advanced :P

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

#27 Martin Thompson

Martin Thompson

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:14 AM

Ill have a look when im at home but i beleive i already disabled those since i had problems with those with other games int he past.

#28 LynxMukka

LynxMukka

Mr Mukka

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 07:24 PM

I have the same problem.

Posted Image

#29 Airison Lancer

Airison Lancer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:01 PM

Yeah, me 2. Its since Friday, 16th July. I think, i've installed at this time the new 10.6 ATI Catalyst Driver. I tried 10.4, but it didn't help. Anyone Idea?

#30 Apprentice

Apprentice

Mighty pirate!

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 05:31 PM

Try the 9.x series. Heared a lot of crap since the 10 series was released . . .

#31 Airison Lancer

Airison Lancer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

Yeah, I tried that, but when i use the 9.5 from the last page, RPG-X has got freezed pictures, with 5 second breaks until the next picture comes. I am not even able to click a button, 'cause i didn't hit him. And this also happened with the 10.4 Drivers. So annoying. :/

#32 LynxMukka

LynxMukka

Mr Mukka

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:56 PM

I've managed to find a solution where I've done most of the hard work for you. Simply download the DLL located below and place it into the main directory of Elite Force.

www.ufplanets.com/lynxmukka/atioglxx.dll

Make sure you upgrade to CCC 10.6 to avoid any potential problems. This issue was apparently caused by the new OpenGL 4 drivers that weren't compatible with older OpenGL games, I don't think they'll be any official patch from AMD though.

I've found though, that this method does not work with rpgEF since it interferes with the map components flashing for some reason.

Posted Image

#33 Martin Thompson

Martin Thompson

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 08:00 PM

Alright, thanks for the solution.
I've been mailing with AMD a few times but in the end they just didnt know either and gave me the "Wait for newer drivers" and "This will only get fixed if more ppl report this problem".
So ill have a look if your fix works. To bad it doesnt work for RPG-X EF though :(

EDIT:

This seems to works perfect for me, your my personal hero! :P How did you create that .dll anyway?
This also seems to work for me in RPG-X EF 8.2, havnt tried it with 8.4.4 yet, I loaded up the
USS Dauntless 1.1 map which gave me the worst FPS since the 10.6 update of all maps
and it now runs at a nice smooth 90 fps again :)

#34 Martin Thompson

Martin Thompson

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 05:25 PM

Since the link to the file is dead for a while now, and I encountered this problem again today, I rediscovered the solution, so here it is again (copied form TLO forums):

Alright people, this is a problem thats been nagging me for the past 2 years now, thanks to Grizz I solved it.

The problem is this. Since driver version 10 of Catalyst, Elite Force (and all other Q3 engine games) has been getting
a low framerate in alot of areas of alot of RPG-X maps. For example the FPS in the USS Dauntless Transporter room when
you stand on the padd and you look to the door has been aroudn 10 FPS for me since driver version 10.

I am running on a ATI HD4850X2, not exactly a low end device, so you can imagine that me getting 10 FPS in alot
of areas of alot of maps, is quite frustrating. A previous fix was to rename your .exe to quake3.exe. For some people
this works, for me, it didn't.

For all the people who are having the same issue and the renaming of the .exe didn't fix the issue, here is a fix:

You need to replace a .dll that handles OpenGL drawing, revert it back to a previous state. There are 2 ways to do this.

1: The hard way. Get some old drivers from the ATI site, and extract it yourself:

Obtain the atioglxx.dll file from a previous version such as 10.4.
1. download the appropriate 10.4 install package (32 bit, 64 bit)
2. launch install application
3. <cancel> install process. We only wanted to unpack the files.
4. open a command prompt (type "cmd" at the run box)
5. browse to folder containing atioglxx.dl_ (yes, that's an underscore). Mine was in this path:
C:\ATI\Support\10-4_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_wdm_enu\Packages\Drivers\ Display\W76A_INF\B_98282
5. expand the file by typing without the quotes (meh, or even with the quotes lol) "expand atioglxx.dl_ atioglxx.dll"
6. copy that newly extrapolated .dll to
a. 64 bit Windows -- c:\windows\system32 and c:\windows\syswow64. I opted to rename my old ones to *.old but I don't know if that was necessary. Also, these old OpenGL games on my Vista 64 bit OS didn't start working correctly until the file was in the C:\windows\syswow64 folder so I don't know the circumstances where it will look in the system32 folder.
b. 32 bit Windows -- C:\windows\system32

Copied from http://www.sysopt.co...ad.php?t=205619

2: The easy way. I already did the above steps with version 9.4 of the drivers. I used the 64 bit drivers so this file might not work for you if you are running 32 bits.

Download this file: http://www.mediafire...9a6esl4wa6p9ch4
Copy the file to c:\windows\system32 and c:\windows\syswow64 (overwrite when prompted)

I hope this works for you all, it did for me!

Please note, according to LynxMukka you only have to copy the file to your Elite Force directory, that might works aswell. I just did it the way described above :)

#35 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 06:15 PM

Renaming the exe file to quake3.exe is a fix for this as well.

#36 Martin Thompson

Martin Thompson

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 07:06 PM

I know, but like i stated in my post, that didn't work for me, this did :)

#37 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

<deleted - wrote too soon>
Posted Image

"Thor, Hlödyn's son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your fate; Ragnarök awaits!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users