Change to FF system + trnasporter colors

• You cannot reply to this topic

7 replies to this topic

#1 Telex Ferra

Telex Ferra

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 08:04 PM

So, I know there have been some threads before about setting different transporter colors. The ideas have usually been about setting the server to use one color or another, similar to how the ff system is now.

I think the /ffcolor thing is an improvement on the previous mono-colored system, but still can be improved some more. Instead of having a command to changes the forcefield color, why not just do this.

/give forcefield - gives blue forcefield
/give forcefield1 - gives yellow forcefield
/give forcefield2 - gives green forcefield
/give forcefield3 - gives red forcefield

and then the same with the trnasport system

/give transporter - Gives blue (default) transport
/give transporter1 - Gives red transporter (Klingon)
/give transporter2 - Gives green transporter (Borg)
etc.etc.

Since there are a good deal of transport tetures about, why not make it so you can set what texture to use in the serverconfig. For example, if I do a future RP on the UFP server, then I can set transporter5 to be the 29th century transporter.

is this possible?

#2 Scooter

Scooter

The Canon Man

• UberGames Admin
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:31 PM

I think it would be better if the commands included the color instead of an arbitrary number. Self-documenting is so much better.

#3 sharpkiller

sharpkiller

Queen Fanatic

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 02 May 2010 - 11:56 AM

I think it would be better if the commands included the color instead of an arbitrary number. Self-documenting is so much better.

Indeed, I do like that suggestion. To be honest, I've long since forgotten what colour corresponds to what ffcolor number.

Sharpkiller.png

#4 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 07:37 AM

I did not think about that when I coded it ... I'll change that in the next release.

The first idea about ffColor was to give it rgb values and maybe a shader to be used. I know that this can be done but I never got it to work.

#5 Telex Ferra

Telex Ferra

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 06:56 PM

and what about the transporters?

#6 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 09:39 AM

Transporters are already on my list. But rather then just using different colors I want to create canon effects which is more time consuming.

#7 Telex Ferra

Telex Ferra

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 07:18 PM

Jonathan Kent made a transporter set. Maybe he'd be willing to give you permission to use it.

#8 Scooter

Scooter

The Canon Man

• UberGames Admin
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:02 AM

I also made a transporter set which could be used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users