3 replies to this topic

#1 Airison Lancer

Airison Lancer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

Hello Guys,
A friend of mine recently converted a Skin from the Singleplayer, BorgFoster. But the guy can't walk or stand. He just stands there..like a drunken guy in the field. :D
So I asked TiM, if he could help me, he said, that I must import the MDR FIle and export the MDR file on base of the default Crew body model or something. But I can't use MilkShape at all. Can Somebody explain what I have to do? That would be really great. <3

Greetings,
Lancer

#2 R'sera

R'sera

Token Caitian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:23 AM

If you have MSN messenger I could help you with a walk through, but I will attempt to explain it here.

The prerequisites:

<Milkshape
<The milkshape MDR importer plugin.

One of the not-so-obvious quirks of the import-export of .mdr files is that the first filename asked is the unique(new) name, not supposed to match the one after(which is the original. If they do, nothing will happen. The action stated is copying the attributes of the latter into the former to produce the new file with your new name.

I hope that helps some. It takes a bit the first time to figure Milkshape out ;)

#3 Airison Lancer

Airison Lancer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:05 PM

I've added you in WLM. Maybe you can explain it again in WLM because I can't really follow you. :S

#4 Scooter

Scooter

The Canon Man

• UberGames Admin
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 12:49 AM

If somebody could write a tutorial how to do this for the skinning forum, that would be great.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users