3D Gotta own 'em all

24 replies to this topic

#1 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:52 PM

A certain game came out quite recently... I thought this might make a nice quick little tribute. XD

Modeled/rendered entirely in LightWave.

I might go back later and re-explore the surfacing on these things. I wanted to get them to catch some rim lighting, but they're obviously way too reflective... :$

Attached Thumbnails

• pokeballs.png

#2 Grotle

Grotle

Lv.48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:35 PM

A certain game being Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver, a remake of the old Gold, Silver and Crystal games for GBC that have been made for DS?

I own both and have completed both. :P

Overall, the pokeballs look awesome!

#3 Lannister

Lannister

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:33 PM

A certain game came out quite recently... I thought this might make a nice quick little tribute. XD

Haha, those are brilliant. :o

I've been considering getting a DS to play the Pokemon games that are on it. I recently stumbled upon my old collection of the games for the brick GameBoy and Gameboy Advance.

I think I squirreled away more hours on those things when I was younger than anything else. :$

#4 JDavid

JDavid

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:05 PM

They do look rather good :D

If I do say so the button thingies need to be a bit bigger *flinches at the impending doom*

#5 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 04:15 PM

A certain game being Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver, a remake of the old Gold, Silver and Crystal games for GBC that have been made for DS?

I own both and have completed both. :P

Overall, the pokeballs look awesome!

Yes. That be the one. :D

I got my copy of HeartGold from a mate in Japan when it first came out over there. It's been slow going though since I've been working on translating it as I played. But it's crazy awesome. XD

I'm currently stuck trying to catch Ho-oh now. I'm raising up a Feralgatr to go up against it now. Empoleon was a complete and epic fail. :zzz:

Hehe thanks. :D

Haha, those are brilliant. :o

I've been considering getting a DS to play the Pokemon games that are on it. I recently stumbled upon my old collection of the games for the brick GameBoy and Gameboy Advance.

I think I squirreled away more hours on those things when I was younger than anything else. :$

Hehe thanks!

OMFG, yes! If you do, I recommend the DS Lite. They're a bit cheaper than the others, and they can still do GBA games, so they have the biggest library.

Ahaha I think I was the same. XD

They do look rather good :D

If I do say so the button thingies need to be a bit bigger *flinches at the impending doom*

Thanks!

Uh yeah? I was working off a snapshot from an episode of the anime to make them. The button bits are actually quite smalle compared to the rest of the ball.

I might see if I can find some other pics.

#6 Grotle

Grotle

Lv.48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:44 PM

Yes. That be the one. :D

I got my copy of HeartGold from a mate in Japan when it first came out over there. It's been slow going though since I've been working on translating it as I played. But it's crazy awesome. XD

I'm currently stuck trying to catch Ho-oh now. I'm raising up a Feralgatr to go up against it now. Empoleon was a complete and epic fail. :zzz:

Empoleon fails anyway. Steel types are immune to Electric types but is mega effective against Water. Also, when it evolves from Prinplup (Lv.36), it wants to learn Aqua Jet, that move fails anyway.

You need to complete all 16 gyms, go back in time to where Giovanni abandons your red-haired rival and then beat Red at Mt.Silver to gain Ho-oh's trust, then get the Rainbow Wing and head to Eurtak City and go to Tin Tower. Go up all 10 floors and meet Ho-oh. It will either be Lv.45 or Lv.70.

Also, be careful when using Feraligtr because it will probably know Surf and Ice Fang, etc. Take care, use Ultra, Fast or Quick Balls to capture it. :)

#7 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:45 PM

I was referring more to the fact that since Steel is weak against Fire, Ho-oh totally wrecked my Empoleon. :$
Steel-Water is a horrible combo because it means Fire moves deal normal damage to it. :(

Er... yeah? Wouldn't that be for Lugia in HeartGold? I'm at Ho-oh right now. Just it's way too strong for my current level Pokemon and I'm being a lazy sod in leveling them up. XD

My Feraligtr is a bit of an HM slave. All of it's moves are Water type HM moves. XD

#8 Grotle

Grotle

Lv.48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:04 PM

My team:
Typhlosion: Lv.58
Pidgeot: Lv.59
Arcanine: Lv.59
Gyarados: Lv.61
Raikou: Lv.62
Entei: Lv.62

It owns. Got 15/16 badges.

#9 Grotle

Grotle

Lv.48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:36 PM

My Feraligtr is a bit of an HM slave. All of it's moves are Water type HM moves. XD

So it knows Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall and <Enter Move>

There are only three HM Water moves in HGSS.

(Note: Sorry for double post.)

#10 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:55 PM

Hahah nice party. I'm not really happy with mine. At some point I'm going to refine the whole thing. I need better type balance and I want to try cranking up specific EVs in some of the stats.

Oh whoops. My last move is Water Gun. I could have sworn there were 4. Ah well lol. XD

#11 Grotle

Grotle

Lv.48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:08 PM

The Water HM moves are:
-Surf (HM03, Generation I, II, III, IV)
-Whirlpool (HM05, Generation II, IV)
-Waterfall (HM07, Generation II, III, IV)
-Dive (HM08, Generation III)

TMs
-Water Pulse (TM03)
-Rain Dance (TM18)
-Brine (TM55)

AdmiralHocking, the only Pokemon Games for the DS (to date) are:
-Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness/Time/Sky
-Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver

Trust me, it's worth every minute. :D

#12 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:01 PM

Pokèmon: Brown, discuss. :P

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

#13 Lannister

Lannister

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 12:38 PM

Pokèmon: Brown, discuss. :P

As long as you can choose between three different Digletts as your starting Pokemon, I'd buy it. :P

#14 Lannister

Lannister

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:32 PM

OMFG, yes! If you do, I recommend the DS Lite. They're a bit cheaper than the others, and they can still do GBA games, so they have the biggest library.

I kept this in mind and have since picked up a DSLite. I had to do a bit of searching to find it, as pretty much everywhere here is now only stocking the DSi and DSi XL. ^_^

I picked up a copy of Pokemon HeartGold with it, three hours in and I am really enjoying it. I'm finding it to hold up really well in comparison to the original version, with the DS format additions making things feel a little smoother. The one exception being the stylus, I've opted to stick with the analogue controls rather than tap the screen. >.>

#15 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 03:46 PM

Ahh excellent! Glad I was able to help out. :D

Hahah nice! Good to hear you're enjoying it. :) It's definitely a pretty nostalgic game isn't it. ^_^

Yeah I never touch the stylus. I always just use the d-pad instead.

Once you unlock the Global Trading Station, let me know. We might be able to trade. XD

Also, in other news, the Gen 5 Pokémon titles were announced. Pokémon Black and White coming out in Japan in Fall this year!

#16 Lannister

Lannister

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 04:22 PM

Once you unlock the Global Trading Station, let me know. We might be able to trade. XD

Our Wireless Hub is running WPA2, the DS Lite seems to only like WEP. >.<

#17 Grotle

Grotle

Lv.48

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:00 PM

I cannot connect my DSL to the internet. Any reason why? :(

#18 Lannister

Lannister

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:19 PM

If like me, you're using a newer wireless network hub or router, then it's probably running a security protocol that the DSL doesn't like. I'm using a BT HomeHub2 with WPA2 as the encryption.

From what I can tell so far, the DS Lite can only connect to wireless networks using the reasonably insecure WEP as it's encryption. This could be easily resolved by simply changing which encryption the Hub or Router is using, but this is really dependant on where you are with your network and if you'll still have peace of mind while using WEP.

#19 Robertson

Robertson

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:29 PM

I'm having the same problem Hocking, I'm going to guess you have a BT Homehub 2?

I'm currently stuck battling the champion of the elite four so I can get into Kanto... Rather annoying having to train up level 20's to level 50 just for the one damn guy, but there we go...
Posted Image
The above signature is a testament to the days when roleplaying was actually alive.

#20 Lannister

Lannister

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 05:36 PM

I'm going to guess you have a BT Homehub 2?

I'm using a BT HomeHub2 with WPA2 as the encryption.

Maybe.. :P

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users