• You cannot reply to this topic

No replies to this topic

#1 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:28 PM

Okay... this is probably my final contribution to the UberGames site in a little while... I've spent like a year working on this entire site, and I'm at the point where I want to be rid of it and back to working on projects. XD

Sooo here's my latest experiment... another wiki! XD

http://www.ubergames.org/devwiki/

This here is the UberGames DevWiki. It's similar to the Public Wiki, but it's pretty different in terms of function.

The point of this Wiki is to give us UberGames developers a place to write design documentation and status updates for any projects we're working on.

Up until this point, I've been writing all of my design documentation in my own threads in a private forum on here.... but I recently came to the realization that method sucks as it's really confusing to keep track of threads as people reply to them and they shuffle around. X_X

So with this wiki, hopefully it's going to be a lot easier to manage documentation than in a forum.

Now for the experimental part of this thing.... the experimental part is that this wiki is semi-public, unlike my design threads.
Since the more stuff we keep private and internal, the more it looks like we're not doing anything, I'd like to try and make as much stuff publicly viewable as possible.

Also, the more stuff we make visible, the more interest we can potentially curry for more people to come along and help out. :)

By semi-public, I mean there are a few portions of the wiki that aren't available to public view... mainly being project ideas or concepts we've been holding onto, and aren't ready to actually announce yet... either because they might not actually be feasible, or there's not enough info yet.

In any case, we'll see how we go with this thing. As always, let me know if you see anything broken. XD

Thanks guys!

-TiM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users