- - - - -

Modern Warfare 2 is boring as watching paint dry.

22 replies to this topic

#21 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 01:19 AM

According to the NPD figures, it sold 6 million copies in November. Oh, and thats only in the US. So I don't think its too much of a stretch for them to call it one of the most anticipated games of the decade.

I quite enjoyed the single-player campaign. I thought the airport level was intriguing. It was painful to play through. The level made me think. The first time I played it, I tried several times to shoot the terrorists. When I finally realized that was not going to work, I didn't fire any shots until I came to the police who I had to fight to get through.

The level places us in a very different subject position than we are used to. Think about it for a moment. Most people who have played the Grand Theft Auto series have mowed down hundreds of civilians. In other games we go through levels slaughtering hundreds of people because we are told to. Sure they are usually enemy combatants, but we as players are still responsible for killing hundreds of characters in any game we play. So why do we find this level so much more disturbing? That question, which I don't really have an answer for, is why I find the level so interesting. The level made me think about the position that games place players in.

As for the rest of the game, I have always enjoyed Infinity Ward's entries into the Call of Duty franchise (I semi-enjoyed Treyarch's). I think they have the ability to create spectacular set pieces like no other company (though Naughty Dog really one upped them with Uncharted 2). I find the games quite fun, but it really is the moments of spectacle that I play for. The moments when I look at the screen and say "Holy ****!"
Posted Image

#22 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:29 AM

O...M...G... QFT :P

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

#23 Smyth Wesson

Smyth Wesson

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 07:48 AM

It just grates my nerves when a game, movie or book advertises itself as the most or best of something. Which is why the Matrix is my least favorite movie ever.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users