• You cannot reply to this topic

195 replies to this topic

#181 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 07:00 AM

Please read before you post Ragnarok ...

Peace man ... I'm really busy at the moment and decided to rather answer once I have a bit more time than doing it quickly forgetting half of the thinks I might have to...

But if you need a quick update her it is:
I have been working of patching a newer revision of ioquake 3 to rpgxEF as I stated before. That is done but I still have to remove the SQL implementation and I'm still doing research on a quick and good way of moving the chat to XMPP.

I have done research on q3map2 as well but I'm still far away of knowing it good enough to change thinks in it yet. I can't blindly raise some limits without checking how it might effect the bsp. Doing so might end up in the engine beeing unable to load the maps.

It's funny how people know such things before the actual people working on project do especially if they are not true.

#182 Apprentice

Apprentice

Mighty pirate!

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 05:32 PM

Peace man ... I'm really busy at the moment and decided to rather answer once I have a bit more time than doing it quickly forgetting half of the thinks I might have to...

At least I would've know that you were still busy with it rather then giving us the silent treatment . . .

I have done research on q3map2 as well but I'm still far away of knowing it good enough to change thinks in it yet. I can't blindly raise some limits without checking how it might effect the bsp. Doing so might end up in the engine beeing unable to load the maps.

You can always try and see what happens then.

When I compile the map with the -notjunc added, I can load the map normally without any problems. In fact, the very first Asteroid Base map has been compiled and released that way and I never heard of any problems regarding the engine (default stvoyhm.exe) not able to load it . . .

#183 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:08 AM

Please read before you post Ragnarok ...

Please don't talk down to me, GSC.

It's funny how people know such things before the actual people working on project do especially if they are not true.

Blame the site where my friend found it, not me or my friend. I wanted to confirm it because how did I know you hadn't changed your mind between that post and now?

How condescending.

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

"Thor, Hlödyn's son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your fate; Ragnarök awaits!"

#184 GSIO01

GSIO01

UberGames Developer

• UberGames Developer
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:12 AM

I didn't want to offend you or your friend at all.

I just asked you to read before you post as I have indeed given an update on what I'm working on shortly before your post.
The other thing I wrote was meant as general statement. I'm sorry if you took that wrong. Reading it myself again now I see I should have made this more clear.

It would be nice if you could tell what side your friend found that "news" on?

#185 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:11 AM

Worry not. I definitely know how easy it is to be misunderstood online, and am always willing to go back to friendly relations. :)

I'll ask her! In fact I'll PM her right now. I'll get that info to you ASAP my friend.

HAIL rpgxEF and thank you for bringing us an engine that can actually run maps without parsing, among other great things!!!

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

"Thor, Hlödyn's son, protector of mankind, ride to meet your fate; Ragnarök awaits!"

#186 Apprentice

Apprentice

Mighty pirate!

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:00 PM

It would be nice if you could tell what side your friend found that "news" on?

Most likely my website, since I made a mention of it . . .

#187 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

Yes, GSI, it's the second news item: http://www.apprentice.be/index.html

How EXTREMELY rude, to make a call like that about someone else's project! It would be one thing to say that you are worried about it because the developer has been inactive, but it is WAY out of line to make a call like that without the developer's permission. I am appalled.

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

#188 Apprentice

Apprentice

Mighty pirate!

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 08:41 AM

How EXTREMELY rude, to make a call like that about someone else's project! It would be one thing to say that you are worried about it because the developer has been inactive, but it is WAY out of line to make a call like that without the developer's permission. I am appalled.

Simply put: Not my problem.

If I ask a question on Monday and subsequently it hasn't been answered the next Friday while the developer (in this case GSIO01) has visited the board on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, therefor giving him plenty of opportunities to answer and it really didn't need to be an elaborate one.

If he fails to do that, then he or anyone else for that matter, shouldn't be surprised when people take that form of silence as a negative answer and will draw a negative conclusion. In fact, if I didn't do what I did, we wouldn't know anything apart from what we already knew six months ago . . .

#189 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:23 PM

Not your problem? You've got to be kidding me. It's your website, and therefore you are responsible for the content posted there, and you didn't just write "hey, the developer hasn't been responding to my comments," you wrote it like you knew it for a fact. How arrogant of you to say that what you posted on your website is "not your problem." It most certainly is.

GSI, I shall spread the news far and wide that what is written up there is a lie.

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

#190 Apprentice

Apprentice

Mighty pirate!

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:30 PM

Not your problem? You've got to be kidding me. It's your website, and therefore you are responsible for the content posted there, and you didn't just write "hey, the developer hasn't been responding to my comments," you wrote it like you knew it for a fact. How arrogant of you to say that what you posted on your website is "not your problem." It most certainly is.

Try reading my post again. Maybe then you'll understand . . .

#191 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:32 PM

Try reading my post again. Maybe then you'll understand . . .

I understand perfectly well. You're trying to justify making a call about someone else's project. I don't accept that.

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

#192 Apprentice

Apprentice

Mighty pirate!

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:41 PM

I understand perfectly well. You're trying to justify making a call about someone else's project.

Clearly you don't. If you read the second paragraph again ...

If I ask a question on Monday and subsequently it hasn't been answered the next Friday while the developer (in this case GSIO01) has visited the board on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, therefor giving him plenty of opportunities to answer and it really didn't need to be an elaborate one.

If he fails to do that, then he or anyone else for that matter, shouldn't be surprised when people take that form of silence as a negative answer and will draw a negative conclusion. In fact, if I didn't do what I did, we wouldn't know anything apart from what we already knew six months ago . . .

... then you'll understand that I am not trying to justify anything!

#193 USS_Ragnarok

USS_Ragnarok

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:16 PM

I am saying that you didn't just write "wow, I haven't heard from him in a long time, I wonder if he's still working on it?", you wrote it was canceled, like you knew it for a fact, which was obviously nothing more than spiteful because you were upset you didn't get your question answered. It was wrong.

-USS Ragnarök
Posted Image

#194 Apprentice

Apprentice

Mighty pirate!

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

I am saying that you didn't just write "wow, I haven't heard from him in a long time, I wonder if he's still working on it?", you wrote it was canceled, like you knew it for a fact, which was obviously nothing more than spiteful because you were upset you didn't get your question answered. It was wrong.

Clearly you don't understand and it is pointless to continue. Come back when you do understand what I have been saying . . .

#195 Harry Young

Harry Young

Ubergames Lead Lua Coder

• UberGames Developer
  • 291 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 06:57 PM

I'm sorry, but he's right. You wrote "The rpgxEF modification has been cancelled" which tells me that you know it for sure, that it is a fact, not that you drew this conclusion. If you had written it that way anything would be fine and we wouldn't have this pointless Off-Topic-Diskussiion here.

#196 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 07:00 PM

Shall we, urhm, leave it at "it's still going?" :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users