9 replies to this topic

#1 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 03 November 2009 - 03:50 PM

Hey guys!

There was a little bit of a discussion of this happening before, but now that I completed a major milestone on it, I figured we should have a dedicated thread to it.

I've been working on this on and off for a few months now. Back-to-back it would have only taken a week to do, but with all of my other stuff, it took this crazy long lol. XD

The UberGames wiki now has a new skin applied to it. one that brings it in line with the theme of the rest of the site! ^_^

So that being said, even though its status hasn't changed, I'd like to point out the UberGames wiki is open and ready for editing. :)

http://www.ubergames.org/wiki

The next step, and one I haven't thought of at all in a while is what kind of content still needs adding there. Also, there were a few cool templates floating around for the Main Page screen... I'll have to see how well they fit in this skin. XD

In any case, aside from that, my next plan is duplicate this wiki and turn that copy into a developers' wiki... and then get to work actually documenting all of the backend stuff I know for RPG-X, EF and Q3 there. :)

Enjoy!

-TiM

#2 Lannister

Lannister

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 09:02 PM

Awesomeness, love the skin there. :)

#3 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 03:23 PM

Hehe thanks man! ^_^
I think I'm getting this current Web 2.0 'glossy' effect down to a fine art now. XD

Hmmmm... I'm getting a little confused here now tho.

My original plan was to have 2 totally separate wikis... one containing general information (ie RPG-X info, CVARs) and the other containing dev information (how to make new classes, models etc).

I was talking to RedTechie about this today... he said having more wikis is ultimately more confusing as well as harder to moderate, so maybe my plan there isn't a really good one. ^_^;

What would everyone think of that? :P

#4 Scooter

Scooter

The Canon Man

• UberGames Admin
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:25 PM

I think one wiki would be sufficient.

#5 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 03:33 PM

Agreed. I might hang onto the DevWiki installation for something else, but everything can probably go in this one main wiki.

In other news, I straightend out the Main Page a bit now... hopefully that looks a bit nicer.

Also, the skin isn't totally complete, so if anyone sees a page that looks funky, (ie white boxes) let me know. :)

#6 Lannister

Lannister

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 04:26 PM

The content John and I wrote up (such as the map and skins listing) have been given the name space 'Foo' instead of 'RPG-X,' so is no longer linked to through the main page or the links we've posted on the boards here. May I ask what was wrong with it? :)

#7 The Tenth Doctor

The Tenth Doctor

Admiral of the Fleet

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 13 November 2009 - 05:04 PM

I pity the foo.

Good wiki guys :)

Luke Sutton, AKA 'The Doctor'

Media critic, writer, filmmaker, gamer, Trekker, and Time Lord. Site manager (still!) of Elite Force Files.com & creator of fan-film series Star Trek: UnitySatire is to me what winning elections isn't to Gordon Brown.

For links and info on my projects & investigations, view my blog:

http://lukesutton.blogspot.com/

Personal opinions are not endorsed by Filefront, Gateway Productions or Unity Starbase.

#8 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 03:47 AM

Oh snap! Sorry about that.

I was playing with a custom extension and some of the dummy code it used overrode the namespace defines I'd setup in there.

Okay... it _should_ be fixed now. XD

There's nothing wrong with it. Gotta get it all linked back on the first page now. :)

Ah hehe thanks Doc. ^_^

#9 RedTechie

RedTechie

UberGames Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 276 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:46 AM

I love the look TiM including the mainpage layout. I haven't seen the other main page templates you mention but I'm loving the one thats on it now.

So there are 2 wiki's then? Or still the one?
RedTechie
UberGames Administrator

Need Affordable Game Servers or Web Hosting?

Ennoverse Ltd.
http://www.ennoverse.com
http://www.ennoverse.co.uk
Affordable Game Servers, Web Hosting, Domains, and SSL.

We also offer Elite Force and Elite Force 2 hosting!

#10 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:21 PM

Hehe thanks man.

Uh, aside from the main page, I think some of the templates need their colours changed still, as well as a buttload of new ones to be created.

Yeah, as of today there are 2 wikis now. The main one here, and now the DevWiki.
The goal of the DevWiki is to allow a place for UberGames members to write/refer to design documents and planning for projects.

I'm still straightening out the kinks with the DevWiki now. I'm hoping it's possible to make announced projects publicly viewable and unannounced ones not... but it's quite possible MediaWiki can't support that. ^_^;

-TiM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users