8 replies to this topic

#1 Tony.Carswell

Tony.Carswell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:49 AM

POPULAR

hi guys im new to this came across it on ef2.filefront.com can someone tell me all the files i need to play rpg-x and maybe skins etc please :) thanks
-Tony

#2 John

John

Computer Techie

• RPG-X Tester
  • 285 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:42 AM

http://efreview.net/node/8
RPG-X Files At Elite Force Review

#3 Tony.Carswell

Tony.Carswell

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:31 AM

Thanks much appreciated

#4 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 05:17 PM

Hmm, wow. That's a really good list.

If this is a common enough question, I wonder if we should have more information about that listed on here or the RPG-X wiki...

Anyway, Welcome to the UberGames forum! :D

#5 Lannister

Lannister

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:23 PM

Would be useful to have a page like that on here, most of the groups have a thread containing all of the files that are uploaded to their servers too. So a general centralised index would probably make things a lot easier for new comers rather than trying to navigate the different lists all over the place.

If I may be so bold, in regards to the Wiki, perhaps setting up a sub-domain here and using MediaWiki as the Wiki software would cause it to be more popular. The Wiki that was on the previous boards made formatting certain things quite difficult and mis-formatted the RPG-X entity definitions that were posted on it. :/

#6 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:58 AM

Yeah that sounds pretty good. It might also be worth putting a list on the RPG-X project page directly.

Uhhh yeah? Hmm, IIRC, the RPG-X Wiki is MediaWiki... but with a few extensions added so it could interface with the vBulletin users DB.

In any case, there is also a subdomain address set up for it... though I'm not sure if that was common knowledge... :$
http://www.ubergames.org/rpg-x/wiki

In any case, I'm actually going back and taking a look at the Wiki situation on the UberGames server now. I worked on a wiki system at work, so I know how they work a little better now. XD
I want to make a second, backend one that can be used for designing and documenting RPG-X from a technical standpoint. :)
And at the same time, maybe scoping out the RPG-X Wiki and seeing if it can be expanded later on for other projects if/when they come. :)

#7 Lannister

Lannister

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:41 PM

Ahh cool.

That's not the same one as from the previous boards is it? The one that had the link in the menu bar on the old forums, that one was a lot more sluggish than MediaWiki. That and the RPG-X entity definitions don't appear to have been posted on the one above...?

Does that one there have Parser Functions installed by any chance? That would make table formatting and template creation a lot easier and noticeably more attractive. :)

#8 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 05:44 PM

Umm, the one located at rpg-x/wiki is the same one as before.

At this point though, I think we're looking at just making a new wiki, based off the latest copy of MediaWiki.

Umm, I'm not sure. How do you install parser functions?

And at this point, we've totally threadjacked this thread... :P

#9 Lannister

Lannister

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 02:28 AM

>.<

I don't quite remember how to install parser functions, they go somewhere into the FTP and it then works like a script extension of some sort.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users