#1 Calvin Scott

Calvin Scott

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 02:41 AM

StarSpeed RP

A New race have been Discovered they Call themselves the Watchers Not
much is known about them And The Mission Of the USS Starspeed is to Find and Make Contact with the watcher Race

Link Here

#2 rhys

rhys

3rd Fleet XO

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:50 AM

A little bit of advice.

Before you start creating a forum it is best to get a server first because these forums will die in an instant if there is no server. Also its better to add more forums at the moment , all i see is one board.

Also there are tons of servers out there at the moment. you need a better plotline to extend over a few sessions. The current one can be done in 10 mins at the minimum which does not make much of the rp.

Have you thought it through carefully or just want to be a captain with your own server with power?

It is best if you play on a server that is known to have a lot of members rp on it for example {UFP} and ask them if you could be the captain during when loads of people are on it (outside there main srps).

Another suggestion will be to join a site that has loads of players. most sites are easy to join and some don't mind people "guest starring" during a session.
"Nothing Lasts Forever"

XD Rhys Delta
:D
Vice Admiral
DCIC
3rd Fleet International

Posted Image

#3 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 11:58 AM

Also if you ask ST-O-RP (or any of the other groups... its kinda hard staying impartial with these matters :)) we could set up a sub board for you to run your RP from.

Setting up a whole new forum just for one SRP isn't a good idea, the only exception being Voy-A which is a whole project as opposed to just one SRP

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

#4 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 12:40 PM

Well, everyone starts somewhere so good luck to you and your RP.

(P.S. Rhys, your signature is a photobucket account, not a signature)

#5 Samual Johnson

Samual Johnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:02 PM

the reason for how small the forum is the fact that its new

#6 The Tenth Doctor

The Tenth Doctor

Admiral of the Fleet

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:08 PM

Hasn't got a chance.

There, I said it. Best of luck to you (and I do like your 'Watcher' idea that you have - it was interesting when you came onto the Unity SRP with it on Tuesday), but much like the countless other small groups-with-one-idea, very few people are going to join your forum, let alone turn up to an RP.

I'm with Brex on this: go apply to make this an SRP with an already running group.

Luke Sutton, AKA 'The Doctor'

Media critic, writer, filmmaker, gamer, Trekker, and Time Lord. Site manager (still!) of Elite Force Files.com & creator of fan-film series Star Trek: UnitySatire is to me what winning elections isn't to Gordon Brown.

For links and info on my projects & investigations, view my blog:

http://lukesutton.blogspot.com/

Personal opinions are not endorsed by Filefront, Gateway Productions or Unity Starbase.

#7 Samual Johnson

Samual Johnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:13 PM

thank you i find that quite a compliment considering the watcher idea isnt even fully developed

#8 The Tenth Doctor

The Tenth Doctor

Admiral of the Fleet

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:17 PM

It was a bit different, and I liked it. =] So by all means find a realistic way of developing it.

Media critic, writer, filmmaker, gamer, Trekker, and Time Lord. Site manager (still!) of Elite Force Files.com & creator of fan-film series Star Trek: UnitySatire is to me what winning elections isn't to Gordon Brown.

Personal opinions are not endorsed by Filefront, Gateway Productions or Unity Starbase.

#9 Samual Johnson

Samual Johnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 05:19 PM

i am willing to hear any advice on making them
and also help serverwise calvin can host a server but it would only be able to be up an hour at a time

calvins been busy there is more than on topic on the forum its just that you need to have an account to see all of them

#10 Robertson

Robertson

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 06:16 PM

As far as your plot idea goes, i like it, it may not be a fully developed backstory... But that's what the rp's are for right?

I mean... When the writers wrote Caretaker for Voyager they weren't already writing Endgame...

Give the guy a break... Best of luck to you.
Posted Image
The above signature is a testament to the days when roleplaying was actually alive.

#11 Samual Johnson

Samual Johnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:23 PM

ive been thinking and the ships mission wont be to find the watchers they will encounter them entirely by accident at some point

#12 Lannister

Lannister

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 11:23 PM

(P.S. Rhys, your signature is a photobucket account, not a signature)

Old quote, but;

QFT

#13 Samual Johnson

Samual Johnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 01:28 AM

the server that will host starspeed is up and we are recruiting nearly all positions are open

#14 The Tenth Doctor

The Tenth Doctor

Admiral of the Fleet

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 November 2009 - 04:56 PM

Hello ello ello - some progress here. Thats what I like to see!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users