- - - - -

Farscape

11 replies to this topic

#1 Lannister

Lannister

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 11:31 PM

Continued from Elite Force Review thread.

Farscape is an Australian Science Fiction television show that lasted four Seasons and a Mini-Series. Ben Browder and Claudia Black of Stargate were the lead characters in Farscape prior to their Stargate roles. In my opinion, it is very well written and holds to a darker more exciting view of outer space than most shows.

http://www.henson.co...ontent=farscape

Having started talking about it, I'm curious as to if anyone else here has ever seen it before or heard of it?

#2 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:27 AM

Ironic - I was actually planning to start watching it today :P

#3 The Tenth Doctor

The Tenth Doctor

Admiral of the Fleet

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:01 PM

I watched a few episodes now and then when BBC used to show them.

Not my kinda thing.

Luke Sutton, AKA 'The Doctor'

Media critic, writer, filmmaker, gamer, Trekker, and Time Lord. Site manager (still!) of Elite Force Files.com & creator of fan-film series Star Trek: UnitySatire is to me what winning elections isn't to Gordon Brown.

For links and info on my projects & investigations, view my blog:

http://lukesutton.blogspot.com/

Personal opinions are not endorsed by Filefront, Gateway Productions or Unity Starbase.

#4 Lannister

Lannister

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 03:46 PM

Ironic - I was actually planning to start watching it today :P

Good stuff, the first season is a little slow, but the building blocks it lays down for the rest of the show are completely worth it.

I watched a few episodes now and then when BBC used to show them.

Not my kinda thing.

That's where I originally caught glimpse of the show during it's 1999-2002 run, I did enjoy it but didn't entirely understand what was going on due to being between nine and eleven at the time. I managed to get my hands on the Collectors Edition set last year though, you may find if you re-watch it now, it will make a whole lot more sense and be far more enjoyable. :)

#5 Cris Carter

Cris Carter

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 05:27 PM

Wow FarScape. I watched it on TV a few years back. I missed one season, but I watched the final season.

The series is very well made, and I enjoyed it. Though it was odd sometimes, but I guess that was intention :)

#6 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:28 PM

I quite enjoyed episode one - looking forward to more.

The theme music makes me laugh :PO_O

#7 Arron Dominion

Arron Dominion

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 06:48 PM

I really liked this series when it was regularly running and everything.

Rigel is probably the best comedic relief on that show, besides all the other comedic happenings XD
Posted Image

#8 Lannister

Lannister

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:13 PM

I quite like some of the things John and D'Argo come up with together. There are quite a few occasions where they get into an odd situation together and the resulting behaviour is quite amusing.

Although the fact Rigel excretes helium was a stroke of genius. ^_^

#9 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 07:48 PM

Hey, it's a natural bodily function!

#10 The Tenth Doctor

The Tenth Doctor

Admiral of the Fleet

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:02 PM

...you may find if you re-watch it now, it will make a whole lot more sense and be far more enjoyable. :)

I'll consider that... maybe when I see it being shown on TV next time I'll give it another go. :)

Luke Sutton, AKA 'The Doctor'

Media critic, writer, filmmaker, gamer, Trekker, and Time Lord. Site manager (still!) of Elite Force Files.com & creator of fan-film series Star Trek: UnitySatire is to me what winning elections isn't to Gordon Brown.

For links and info on my projects & investigations, view my blog:

http://lukesutton.blogspot.com/

Personal opinions are not endorsed by Filefront, Gateway Productions or Unity Starbase.

#11 Robertson

Robertson

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 10:58 PM

A dark sci-fi based tv show?

Darker than BSG?

I'll give it a shot if i find it cheap or see it on tv.
Posted Image
The above signature is a testament to the days when roleplaying was actually alive.

#12 Smyth Wesson

Smyth Wesson

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 11:21 PM

It's darker in BSG in some ways, but much much camper. It's incredibly difficult to explain. It's funny and disturbing at the same time ("Crackers Don't Matter" is the de facto example of both happening at once.)
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users