Mr Kim your assistance please...

• You cannot reply to this topic

5 replies to this topic

#1 Robertson

Robertson

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 09:27 PM

Well not really just Mr. Kim... But i just watched timeless.

Anyway, i'm trying to edit the Seven model for an SRP i'm taking part in, however in the RPG-X pak files i can only find the head, nothing for the face...

The face i mainly just want to remove the implant... Although i'm not sure how i would go about doing this as i'm guessing there would be a certain amount of coding involved...
Posted Image
The above signature is a testament to the days when roleplaying was actually alive.

#2 Scooter

Scooter

The Canon Man

• UberGames Admin
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:15 PM

LMAO

The face texture came with Elite Force; no point for us to duplicate it. Check your Pak0.pk3

There's zero coding involved, but plenty of Photoshop.

#3 Robertson

Robertson

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:08 AM

Mmm, i found it in Pak0, i just wondered because the head textures are in both (although altered with collars in rpg-x)

For Seven, there is no photoshop, the implant is a separate file, hence the wondering whether there is any coding (Will it cause an error if i remove the implant file?) or will it just... Bypass.
Posted Image
The above signature is a testament to the days when roleplaying was actually alive.

#4 Jonathan Kent

Jonathan Kent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 03:49 AM

You can also bypass it several other ways, most notably by setting new shaders/textures for the implant that make it transparent. That depends on whether or not theres a gap in her head model where the implant is supposed to be, but I suspect thats NOT the case.
"Usually the Good Lord works in mysterious ways, but not today! This here is 66 tons of straight up HE-- spewing DIVINE INTERVENTION!"
Posted Image

#5 Robertson

Robertson

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 09:58 AM

Indeed it is not, the face is complete, but the implant is just overlayed.
Posted Image

#6 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:00 PM

Haha oh okay.

No, only the files we needed to modify we put in the RPG-X pak files (In Seven's case, the re-painted neck texture, and the head model with pip tags etc). Anything else would just be wasted file space.

In any case, yeah, the implants are just pieces of geometry placed just off the head model, and then having an alpha blend shader applied.

I'm guessing the advantage to this is so they could keep using mirrored UV maps for the face, instead of having to paint both sides of the face, one with the implant.

If you want to get rid of it, I know of 2 ways:

1) Open the model in MilkShape, delete out the implant geometry and re-save it as a new copy of the head model.

2) Rewrite the head's .skin file so the implant's texture route is 'models/players2/tolek/clear.tga' (This is a dummy texture in EF that renders those polygons totally transparent)

Option 2 is by far the quickest and would be the best if you're thinking about referencing the skin onto the default Seven head model. I would recommened Option 1 if you're looking at making your own completely separate model. :)

Attached Thumbnails

• seven_head_wire_overlay.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users