Posted 25 March 2009 - 11:25 AM

Meh, can't hurt to speculate. :P

Sharpkiller.png

#22 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 25 March 2009 - 08:52 PM

I don't know if it has been said - but one of the ST writers is pushing for a new series set in the TOS Era

Supposedly the producer or something from a canceled TV series called "Pushing Daisies" wants to start a new Trek series based somehow off of the original series.

n/m - and its Bryan Fuller

#23 Arron Dominion

Arron Dominion

• Members
  • 499 posts

Posted 29 March 2009 - 06:06 PM

Hate to take the negative view, but I think the worst thing for them to do is to rush a series out.
Posted Image

#24 Smyth Wesson

Smyth Wesson

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:27 PM

Hate to take the negative view, but I think the worst thing for them to do is to rush a series out.

Indeed, that's what happened with Enterprise, and it affected all aspects of the production (compounded by studio pressure) resulting in something that's baseline accaptable for loyal Star Trek fans, but painful to watch for TV fans.

Let's not rush things this time, CBS (If they even want to make a new series).
Posted Image

#25 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

Just thought I'd come back to this and add

Paramount ignored the proposal as they were not "even willing to talk about Star Trek"

#26 Smyth Wesson

Smyth Wesson

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 04:38 AM

I think as long as its a viable motion picture IP, they'll try and keep Star Trek strictly to the big screen.

Were I them, I'd be waiting for Stargate Universe to crash and burn so that I could have a complete monopoly with the only space-opera-type series on TV.
Posted Image

#27 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 08:33 PM

Were I them, I'd be waiting for Stargate Universe to crash and burn

After Star Trek, I'd never speculate on things like that ever again XD

#28 FWAH!!!

FWAH!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:49 PM

I think as long as its a viable motion picture IP, they'll try and keep Star Trek strictly to the big screen.

Were I them, I'd be waiting for Stargate Universe to crash and burn so that I could have a complete monopoly with the only space-opera-type series on TV.

*cough*Caprica*cough*

Yeah, Star Trek isn't going to have a monopoly since Caprica is technically sci-fi. Then wait till you see the new Star Wars Live-Action series...
Lor Takrei: Most RPs
Jim Meredera: Used when at a low rank

#29 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:08 PM

You mean the cartoons on cartoon network... O_O

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

#30 Ryan Murray

Ryan Murray

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:44 PM

Caprica isn't a space opera though. But if we are talking about sci-fi in general, than if we remove Caprica, and Stargate, there is still tons of sci-fi on TV. You have Lost, Fringe, Dollhouse, Eureka, V, Chuck, Heroes, Sanctuary, and Flash Forward, and those are just off the top of my head. While I guess there are not really any space operas on TV, there is tons of sci-fi.
Posted Image

#31 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 10:53 AM

You mean the cartoons on cartoon network... O_O

What part of live action did you misunderstand XD
http://en.wikipedia....ction_TV_series

#32 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:08 AM

Oh yes lol
I meant the clone wars
http://www.starwars....site/index.html

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

#33 The Tenth Doctor

The Tenth Doctor

Admiral of the Fleet

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 11:33 AM

I don't hold out too much hope for Caprica... and little more for Stargate Universe (which is a shame, because I very much like the Stargate franchise) - also, this Star Wars live action series has been in development hell for years now, so I hope they get around to actually filming.

Then of course, theres all that Heroes and Lost and not-set-in-space rubbish, so yeah, there is a gap for a proper starship-exploring-space series, but I very much doubt there will be a new Trek TV series for some time.

*Prepares to eat words when he next checks www.trekmovie.com*

Luke Sutton, AKA 'The Doctor'

Media critic, writer, filmmaker, gamer, Trekker, and Time Lord. Site manager (still!) of Elite Force Files.com & creator of fan-film series Star Trek: UnitySatire is to me what winning elections isn't to Gordon Brown.

For links and info on my projects & investigations, view my blog:

http://lukesutton.blogspot.com/

Personal opinions are not endorsed by Filefront, Gateway Productions or Unity Starbase.

#34 Smyth Wesson

Smyth Wesson

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:13 PM

I assume that the very soonest we'll see a Trek series is within a year or three of the next movie. This movie has paved a big audience out for Trek - if the next film is a success, then its a less risky move going to TV.

Of course, that depends on whether or not CBS sees Star Trek in the same light as Paramount.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users