• You cannot reply to this topic

3 replies to this topic

#1 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 02:47 PM

So I posted a quick announcement a little while ago on the other thing I was working on outside of UberGames, the Australian sci-fi television production: Welcome to the Cosmos.

I had to have a little chat with our director before doing this, but thankfully I got permission to release some pictures of some of the CG models we've got. :)

So here are some pictures, rendered at 1920x1080, of the ships that are going to be in the final production. :)

The big purple one is called a "J'Crizan Patrol Ship", and the smaller green one is called a "Scout Fighter", piloted by a character named Krell.

The ships were modeled in NewTek LightWave by some pretty awesome names hehe.
The Patrol Ship was modeled (and originally textured) by Fabio Passaro, who has previously done some pretty prominent work for Battlestar Galactica, some Star Trek promotions, and not to mention most of the graphics (mainly the 3D logo) on vBulletin! O_O

The Scout Ship was completely modeled and textured, as well as the Patrol ship having being recently retextured by Alain Rivard.
Alain's done quite a few models for Battlestar Galactica, and I hear he's also done several models that were featured on Star Trek: Enterprise as well. :)
At the moment, Alain, as well as another person whose worked on BSG is doing most of the primary CG work for WTTC.

In any case, with such impressive talent fueling the models for this production, I'm itching to show them off a bit, mainly from a technical standpoint before they're shown off in the show. :)

Later on, I'm also hoping to get permission to release some more technical production shots and maybe jott down any tips or tricks I manage to learn along the way on how these TV production level CG models were made. ^_^

So yeah... hopefully more to come soon. :)

In the meantime, also be sure to check out the official production blog for WTTC:
http://welcometothec...quarespace.com/

There's some pretty sweet photos of the sets, makeup, as well as some shots of the actual shooting. :)

Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails

• Patrol_Beauty.jpg
  • Scout_Beauty.jpg

#2 RedTechie

RedTechie

UberGames Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 276 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:18 PM

Sweet dude! :D

These are some awesome desktop wall papers! All they need is the title of the show and they could be put up on the WTTC's blog as promotional material! :)

I'm sure Nick wouldn't mind/love the idea ;)
RedTechie
UberGames Administrator

Need Affordable Game Servers or Web Hosting?

Ennoverse Ltd.
http://www.ennoverse.com
http://www.ennoverse.co.uk
Affordable Game Servers, Web Hosting, Domains, and SSL.

We also offer Elite Force and Elite Force 2 hosting!

#3 Trekie80

Trekie80

Call me Callum =]

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

These look amazing :)

#4 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 03:07 PM

Haha yeah man.... they're totally awesome.

God-darnnit I wish I could model like that... :$

These are some awesome desktop wall papers! All they need is the title of the show and they could be put up on the WTTC's blog as promotional material! :)

I'm sure Nick wouldn't mind/love the idea ;)

Haha yes! That's an awesome idea!!!!!

Next time I see Nick, I'll see what he thinks! ^_^

Thanks!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users