(Sorry for my English. :B )

PS: I´m proud to be a member of Star Trek: New Hope and the RPG-X Community! :D

sig_nujil2.jpg

#43 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:34 PM

I'm not sure what to categorize it as...
Spreading hate and promoting violence? It is a game after all... they'll say we're being silly and over reacting although with pedo bear... sexual stuff?
Idk what category

Brex.png

There is no such thing as the perfect person, only those who love perfectly.

#44 Pille

Pille

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:49 PM

The Style of this, reminds me of Scott Carter and his glorious D3 Fools.
I guess noone of the actual community remembers the fool.

Posting videos and spamming members with fake emails was his daily stuff back in the day.

Scott Carter...that rings a bell....would you please give me a little reminder on who he was?

And regarding the groups, what kind of "security" are you exactly going to increase? Unless you have not restricted posting on your forums to members yet there is nothing you can do to stop this person from doing his thing, if at all you can keep the damage low by careful and considerate moderation. That should be a standard on all forums though so, huh???
Posted Image

#45 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:57 PM

I mean having different passwords everywhere and to make sure you don't post revealing data... pretty common sense stuff

Brex.png

#46 JDavid

JDavid

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:30 PM

Im inclined to agree on flagging the video and this Scott Carter sounds like a sorry excuse for someone trying to get attention :S

Reminds me of DD=. (Devil Dogs. A clan who tried to take over Bridge Commander and epicly failed because their skill was epicly poor...even modified Hybrids that would shoot constant streams of torpedos couldnt help them)

#47 Leila1

Leila1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:11 PM

Pedobear kinda made me figure this isn't serious. I mean, he can hack every RP group website out there, but there's far too little info about ourselves that he could really do any damage to us what-so-ever. So basically, just ignore it, flag the mail as spam, and carry on living. I get junk like this told to me far too often from people that really know who i am and nothing happens. I doubt anything will here. Just another random idiot.
(And PLEASE not Scott Carter, that might actually be bad)

#48 Gregory House

Gregory House

AKA: Gregory House

• RPG-X Tester
  • 462 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:56 PM

Scott Carter...that rings a bell....would you please give me a little reminder on who he was?

Scott Carter (aka DarkGodX) was one of the people who leaked the RPG-X 1.0 beta, he also personally threatened many of the RP groups on multiple occasions.

This is from an ST-RP n00b report from late 2004...

Summary:
DorkgodX then reconnected after editing his name to DarkGodx. I requested that DarkGodx change his name to standard roleplay format. He invited me to do so first, so I did (as usual when not participating, I had my name set to Smith to avoid confusion with the CO). I used \RCON status to obtain his IP and verified it was the same as Dorkgodx. He then used t2t to tell me the following:

"[-AORP- DarkGodx]: you dont tell me what the F**K to do J*****S"

According to the same n00b report, he was immediately kicked afterwards for directly insulting a server admin.

#49 Leila1

Leila1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:33 PM

Why did he stop playing anyway? And is there a reason for him to come back after all this time?

#50 Gregory House

Gregory House

• RPG-X Tester
  • 462 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:40 PM

Why did he stop playing anyway? And is there a reason for him to come back after all this time?

Why did he stop playing? No idea.

:mellow: I'm not sure why he would come back, but it might not even be Scott Carter, or it is very possible that this could be a scare tactic of some sort.

#51 Leila1

Leila1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:43 PM

I don't understand who might be scared of this, and i mean, what is there to be afraid of anyway?

#52 Gregory House

Gregory House

• RPG-X Tester
  • 462 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:46 PM

I don't understand who might be scared of this, and i mean, what is there to be afraid of anyway?

erm... I didn't mean "scare tactic" as in a way to cause scare, but rather to cause alarm/alert

#53 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:47 PM

Paedo bear... that could mean anything, something the 'children of EF' should be aware of...

That kinda makes more sense... it says children of EF beware then the logos... then the paedo bear... well ST-O-RP definitely doesn't tolerate any sexual remarks that are out of known company, and definitely not paedophilia... I'm pretty sure NH is with me as well

P.S. This isn't in the vid... but in the description

Brex.png

#54 SciSeven

SciSeven

• RPG-X Tester
  • 279 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:59 PM

I've just watched this vid and it looks terrible in all ways I can describe it.

Hm... I'm curious who this guy who has posted this might be. Maybe some n00b who was banned from the community and takes this as a revenge or something.

Yeah, he got much attention... now let's remind ourselves of the good high standart we have in our groups and RPs and what we've reached so far. I'm proud of our community. ;)

Edit: I think I got the answers in the former posts, haven't seen them until now ^^
sig_lillyryan1.jpg

#55 Leila1

Leila1

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:00 PM

It's obviously a desperate attempt to say the least. Irritating = Yes, Harmful = No. Ignore it, move on. He/she/it/noob wants the attention. Don't give him the pleasure.

#56 Alex H

Alex H

• Members
  • 986 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:09 PM

Well said

Brex.png

#57 JDavid

JDavid

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:48 PM

Locky the topicy ?

#58 Darknight

Darknight

• Members
  • 1,011 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:50 PM

my asnwer to your question
"what is this?!?!"
Me: Stupid waste of our time
Posted Image
Posted Image

#59 Gregory House

Gregory House

• RPG-X Tester
  • 462 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:07 PM

my asnwer to your question
"what is this?"
Me: Stupid waste of our time

Indeed.

#60 The Tenth Doctor

The Tenth Doctor

Admiral of the Fleet

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 10:45 PM

Can't this community go even ONE WEEK without war or controvacy?

I'm slowly losing the will to live.

Luke Sutton, AKA 'The Doctor'

Media critic, writer, filmmaker, gamer, Trekker, and Time Lord. Site manager (still!) of Elite Force Files.com & creator of fan-film series Star Trek: UnitySatire is to me what winning elections isn't to Gordon Brown.

For links and info on my projects & investigations, view my blog:

http://lukesutton.blogspot.com/

Personal opinions are not endorsed by Filefront, Gateway Productions or Unity Starbase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users