2 replies to this topic

#1 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 01:09 PM

Drawing Tutorials and Resources

Personally, I don't know much about drawing, but it's something I hope to learn a bit more. I'll nudge the rolling ball here with a few tuts I know.
If you know of any excellent tutorials or resources, post them here and I'll add them to the list. :)

General Resources
-------------------------

Reference Pictures

FineArt - Human Anatomy Pictures For Artists
A good collection of photographs and sketches detailing as much information on the human form as possible. (WARNING: Contains nudity)

Muscular System Breakdown - InnerBody.com
An online interactive display outlining all of the main defining muscles in the human body.

Humanoid Tutorials

BakaNeko Drawing Tutorials by Athey
A very nice collection of humanoid drawing tutorials including fundamentals as well as many various facets on the humanoid anatomy. (NB: BakaNeko.com uses frames in it's layout, so to see the complete site, you'll have to go here.)

Polykarbon Drawing Tutorials by Patrick Shettlesworth
Another awesome site on humanoid drawing including introductions, recommended drawing materials, posing and various anatomies.

#2 Carlyle

Carlyle

Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 10:58 PM

Thanks, TiM! The Bakaneko site is very useful! (I'm learnin' how to draw chibi! lol)

#3 Merrick

Merrick

Merciless Map Criticism ltd

• Members
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:50 PM

http://www.conceptart.org/

One of the original online art communties, far superior to deviantspaz, its a gathering of proffesionals and enthusiasts working to a very high standard, you will likely find the concept art from alot of games you have played here.
A great website to browse if you are looking for inspiration or on ways to improve your technique.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users