5 replies to this topic

#1 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 08:35 AM

2D Graphics Tutorials and Resources

I'm going to get the ball rolling here and start posting links to good 2D graphics resources I know.
If you know of any excellent tutorials or resources, post them here and I'll add them to the list. :)

General Resources
-------------------------

Online Communities

Foundation 3D Forums
Formerly know as the LightWave 3D Group, Foundation 3D is an online forum community encompassing all aspects of 3D development, which includes a large section on painting textures.

Scifi-Meshes.com
A very large forum community dealing almost exclusively in the Science Fiction genre. Often receives updates on current SciFi television shows as well as hosts a very impressive array of talent. Geared more towards high-end CG, including discussions on texture creation.

CGSociety
Probably the biggest Computer Generated Art community on the internet, with many professionals from various industries hanging out on it. Definitely a good place to check out.

Polycount Forums
Geared towards developing 3D art for video games, Polycount's forums are often inhabited by many professionals from the games industry and often showcase impressive works of art shown in various engines.

Application Specific Tutorials
-------------------------

Adobe Photoshop

Photoshop Tutorials and Links - PSDTuts.com
An excellent site showcasing a multitude of various techniques in Adobe Photoshop including creating stylish effects, styling text and touching up photographs.

BakaNeko - CG Tutorials By Athey
These tutorials include various methods of touching up scanned images as well as several visual effects in Adobe Photoshop.

PolyKarbon - Photoshop Effects By Patrick Shettlesworth
Articles on a variety of visual effects in Adobe Photoshop including rain, metallics and the all-important lens flare!

Adobe Photoshop Tutorials - Tutorialized.com
An extremely vast collection of Photoshop tutorials ranging on a multitude of techniques including drawing, effects, photo editing and web graphics.

Adobe After Effects

VideoCopilot.net - Video Tutorials & Post Production By Andrew Kramer
This site is a veritable gold mine of Adobe After Effects tutorials. The level of quality is far above textbook professional and should be a number 1 stop for most people.

Adobe After Effects Tutorials - CreativeCow.net
A large archive of both old and new tutorials for Adobe After Effects. Contains a lot of good tips and tricks.

PAINTING 3D TEXTURES TUTORIALS
-----------------------------

Pig-Brain: Painting a human head from scratch - Big-Brain.com
A tutorial by an industry professional on how to paint human skin, and by extension a human face from scratch on the PC.

#2 William

William

Lead Level Developer - RPG-X

• UberGames Developer
  • 728 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 11:18 PM

http://www.tutoriali...als/Photoshop/1 - Photoshop

#3 notchicken

notchicken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 03:48 PM

hmmm anyone know any good ones for Adobe Flash?
hmm yeah i shouldn't be so lazy, i should go looking for them myself lol>:)

#4 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

Haha it's a good idea. We probably will need a section on Flash soon enough.

I use a lot of Flash at my job. But that's mainly ActionScript coding more than animation. If I find anything good, I'll stick it here....

You too. :)

-TiM

#5 TiM

TiM

Administrator

• UberGames Admin
  • 3,425 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:28 AM

Found a cool page link on CGWorkshop the other day linking to a tutorial on how to paint human faces. :)

Hmm, is it worth putting links straight to the tutorials? Or should I keep posting the home page with a description...? :skeptical:

#6 Scooter

Scooter

The Canon Man

• UberGames Admin
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 01:24 PM

How about both?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users