#21 Apprentice

Apprentice

Mighty pirate!

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 03 January 2009 - 01:18 AM

Our first episode

http://uk.youtube.co...h?v=We5BQcT94Sc

Nice episode, not too long and certainly not too short. A couple of remarks though:

• Intro titles
    The BBC called, they want their tune back :cool:
  • Speech
    Try using an autocue like system. Write down the text you want say and how you want to say it and keep it as a back-up besides the camera just in case. Recite them a couple of times before you record your footage.

Flow is everything and from what I've seen, you are still searching for words. Also, setup the microphone (if used, if not buy one and hook it into your capturing device) as close as possible without seeing it in-frame.
  • Accompaning images and/or footage
    I would advise you to use more imagery into your items. As an example, the MOTD feature you describe, is a lot of "techno babble" and without any imagery (either a detailed screenshot or video footage) it remains a dry piece that is only accessable to people that are either involved with the mod or RPG-X players.
  • Map review
    Not much to comment on, precisely as it should be. Only comment I make are the amount (or lack) of FPS in the recorded demo's . . .
  • What's on
    EFR Review ?? At least, that is what I understood when the e-mail came in view. As for the times, rather then saying GTM six, seven or eight times, just say at the beginning "all times in GMT unless stated otherwise" or something like that. People will remember that, even Korsakov patients.

For the maps that are being mentioned, I would once again advice to put in some imagery of that map, accompanied with its name written on screen. Makes it easier for first timers to find them. Lastly, microphone again.
That's it for the first episode. Next one is Sunday ??

#22 John

John

Computer Techie

• RPG-X Tester
  • 285 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 10:48 PM

Next episode is now online

#23 Lannister

Lannister

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:17 PM

Don't take this the wrong way, but there are points where the script gets messed up a bit. Considering it's not live, has it not occurred to you to re-record those parts?

#24 John

John

Computer Techie

• RPG-X Tester
  • 285 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 11:37 PM

Please email us you full comments highlighting the bad bits, we will do our best to improve again for the third program.

(Thanks to everyone else who has contacted us with their fantastic advice and comments (even the bad ones))

--John

#25 Apprentice

Apprentice

Mighty pirate!

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 01:08 AM

Just watched the third episode and this one wasn't as good as the other two were. It seems to be rushed to include the Retex mod.

John's presentation was downright terrible (no welcome ?? no introduction ??), the mod review could've been extensiver and the map of the week begins to get boring 'cause for some reason each and every map needs to be roleplayed on.

I would like to see some pro and conn's of a mod or a map (similair to what certain gaming magazines are using) and a bit more description on what people are going to download, 'cause at the end of the episode, I still didn't know what I could expect, other then what I've read on several sites so far . . .

#26 Telex Ferra

Telex Ferra

• Members
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 03:29 AM

I liked all of them; they were better than I thought they would be

#27 John

John

Computer Techie

• RPG-X Tester
  • 285 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

We had to cut out a few bits of this episode so that it would fit within the youtube limit, next week we will be splitting the episode into two parts so we can have those parts back.

#28 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

*agrees with Luke's philosophical moment*

I quite liked episode 3

#29 The Tenth Doctor

The Tenth Doctor

Admiral of the Fleet

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:28 PM

Why I thank you.

*Bows*

Luke Sutton, AKA 'The Doctor'

Media critic, writer, filmmaker, gamer, Trekker, and Time Lord. Site manager (still!) of Elite Force Files.com & creator of fan-film series Star Trek: UnitySatire is to me what winning elections isn't to Gordon Brown.

For links and info on my projects & investigations, view my blog:

http://lukesutton.blogspot.com/

Personal opinions are not endorsed by Filefront, Gateway Productions or Unity Starbase.

#30 Lannister

Lannister

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 06:04 PM

I must say, the only thing that kept me watching that episode was Luke speaking directly to the camera and trying to connect with viewers. Like Apprentice, I found the opening to be rather rushed and not very informative on this occasion.

I quite enjoyed the map review by Luke, however found John's review of the Assimilated Voyager modification to be slightly hard to understand. Overall, despite being rushed, that was the first of the three episodes I have actually watched in it's entirety and enjoyed doing so.

On a closing note, in relation to the character Anya being an impersonation of myself; it was not. Anya Chalke is a character name I came up with by combining the first name of a television character and the surname of another actress.

Anya Chalke = Anya Jenkins (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) + Sarah Chalke (Elliot, Scrubs).

I'm still somewhat baffled by the myth that I do not go on any servers other than Holo Federation. Although that Roleplay did serve to prove why I don't purposefully make my presence known when on other servers. People have such disbelief that I actually play this game that they have to stop and either have an attack of impersonation paranoia, or turn the session into an OOCfest.

However my thanks goes to the members of Pulse Fusion whom didn't feel the need to turn my presence into some kind of epic event. Though that really wasn't helped by your (Luke) incorporating the asshat character of "Grand Admiral Hocking." :mellow:

#31 The Tenth Doctor

The Tenth Doctor

Admiral of the Fleet

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 07:58 PM

Though that really wasn't helped by your (Luke) incorporating the asshat character of "Grand Admiral Hocking." :mellow:

:eek: I can't remember my reasoning for choosing that name. I guess I just needed an admiral character and parodied you. lol Sorry!

Media critic, writer, filmmaker, gamer, Trekker, and Time Lord. Site manager (still!) of Elite Force Files.com & creator of fan-film series Star Trek: UnitySatire is to me what winning elections isn't to Gordon Brown.

Personal opinions are not endorsed by Filefront, Gateway Productions or Unity Starbase.

#32 Apprentice

Apprentice

Mighty pirate!

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:04 PM

We had to cut out a few bits of this episode so that it would fit within the youtube limit, next week we will be splitting the episode into two parts so we can have those parts back.

Should've done it with the third episode already . . .

Also, if you're going to have subtitles, have them properly rather then the last four or five minutes stating 'After 2 hours, I'm tired. I don't want to do this anymore' sort of crap . . .

#33 Cris Carter

Cris Carter

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 08:48 PM

Thanks for mentioning Voyager in your review.
You ve done an amazing work there. Looks very professional.

I hopefully get to see more episodes :D

#34 Scooter

Scooter

The Canon Man

• UberGames Admin
  • 2,545 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 03:07 AM

I liked the comparison between the map and the movie. My biggest complaint is that Ian needs to comb his hair. A little shampoo never killed anybody either.

#35 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 07:39 PM

*liked part 1 of episode 4*

#36 Apprentice

Apprentice

Mighty pirate!

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:06 PM

*liked part 1 of episode 4*

Was ...

Looking forward to Episode 4 tonight! Especially Luke's Thoughts :P

;)

#37 Grizz

Grizz

• RPG-X Tester
  • 984 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:09 PM

You have too much time on your hands :P - Anyway, Enjoyed both parts tonight.

#38 Robertson

Robertson

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:22 PM

Why is lukes laser screwdriver emitting a sonic sound?
Posted Image
The above signature is a testament to the days when roleplaying was actually alive.

#39 John

John

Computer Techie

• RPG-X Tester
  • 285 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

its a sonic not laser

#40 The Tenth Doctor

The Tenth Doctor

Admiral of the Fleet

• Members
  • 597 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:23 PM

My biggest complaint is that Ian needs to comb his hair. A little shampoo never killed anybody either.

Poor Ian, bless him! :o Hes my bestest friend. :) Everyone loves Ian because hes himself and always great fun. We will be seeing more of him in future episodes. As for tonight's, glad you guys liked it! It was good fun doing a two-parter, although not something we'll be doing too much. Viva la EF2!

- Here is the link for those that have not yet watched it.

We certainly do have too much time on our hands: just wait until we talk about PS2 Elite Force next week! :PAnd yes, it is a sonic SCREWDRIVER!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users